A universal remote can greatly help when losing the remote to your device. Now, if you have lost the remote control to your Vizio TV and you have a universal remote at home, you can use it to operate your tv. You will need to learn the RCA universal remote codes for Vizio TV and program them accordingly.
You will find several types of universal remote codes for your Vizio TV. There are 2-digit codes, 3-digit codes, 4-digit codes, and 5-digit codes based on different models of Vizio TV. You can program the universal remote using the codes in 3 different methods. You can use automatic pairing, keycode, or direct programming methods.
You can see that it’s not enough information for you to start programming the universal remote. That’s why I would highly recommend going through the details of the complete discussion and finding out how you can get the job done.
Programming the remote to your Vizio TV
First, I will take you through the different methods for programming the universal remote with your Vizio TV. Let’s get ahead and check out the methods very quickly.
Method -1: Programming directly
Direct programming has to be the most straightforward way of connecting your universal remote with your Vizio TV. To program the remote directly with your tv, you can follow the steps below –
- First, you have to turn on your Vizio TV.
- Then, get your RCA remote and find the tv button. Press and hold the button for 5 seconds or so.
- When you hold it, you should see the LED light blinking twice and then glowing in a steady pattern.
- You have to start inputting your TV codes as soon as you see the LED indication. Keep in mind that you will need to find the correct code. So, you may need to input several codes until you find one.
- After you input the code, the lights flash twice and then go off.
- Now, take the universal remote and try using it on your tv. You can press the power button to check whether the tv is turning off. Then, you can try out other commands as well.
- If you see that your tv isn’t accepting the commands, you might have used the wrong code.
You have to repeat the whole process using a different code. Follow this process until you find the right code for your tv.
Method -2: Using the keycode method
You can try the keycode method if you don’t want to use the direct programming method. Here, you will be using a specific code that you should find on the manual of your Vizio tv. This method eliminates the trouble of using all those different codes to find the correct code.
Here’s what you do in the keycode method –
- The first thing you have to do is, turn on your tv and then point your universal remote towards it.
- Then, look for the tv button on your remote and press it. Then, find the setup button and hold it for a while. A light should start flashing. As soon as you see the light, let go of the setup button on your remote.
- Next, you can input the keycode on the Vizio TV manual. Then, wait for some moment.
- Finally, you can try turning off the tv using the universal remote to test whether it’s working.
If it doesn’t work, move on to direct programming, or you can use the pairing method.
Method -3: The pairing method
Now, the automatic pairing method uses a technology where you can easily find the correct code for your tv. It uses an automatic method for finding out the code. To do that, you follow the steps below –
- Turn your tv on.
- Then, find the setup button and hold it for a while.
- After the light flashes, you can start inputting the code. In this case, input 9-9-1 as the code.
- Next, you must press the power and channel up buttons together. This is the basic process of programming the remote with your tv.
- To test it out, you have to release the buttons and check whether the tv turns off or not.
If it works, then you have successfully programmed it. Otherwise, you have to follow a different method.
Overall, I can say RCA universal remote codes for Vizio TV are something that can be pretty handy for you. Knowing the different methods can help you pair up the remote with your Vizio TV without trouble.
Direct programming is a sure shot among the three methods but the most difficult. So, if you want to avoid too much hassle, you can try the other methods first and then move on to direct programming.
Graduated with a Bachelor of Audio Engineering and Sound Production. He has worked with a number of studios as a Recording Engineer, with over 10 years of servicing experience in both re-recording mixing and sound editing.