Are you having trouble with Samsung Tv? Sometimes, you will see the Samsung tv won’t turn on. It’s something that you will face with almost any Samsung tv. But you may always wonder why this happens and how you can fix the problem.
There are several reasons for this problem to occur. It can be a software issue or a hardware issue. Any damage or faults in the hardware will make your tv not turn on. Similarly, issues like standby mode or low signal strength cause this problem. You can fix the issue in various ways, such as power reset, hardware replacement, source selection, etc.
I don’t think you still got the proper answer to the whole thing. That’s why I recommend you stick to this article until the end. By the end, you will get to know about this issue and get the fixes for them as well.
Why isn’t your Samsung tv turning on?
When you are having an issue, the first thing you have to do is figure out why it is happening. After finding that out, the solution becomes a straightforward thing. This can happen for several reasons if your Samsung Tv isn’t turning on. Let’s take a look at those reasons one by one –
- One of the most common reasons for this problem or issue is when your tv goes into standby mode. With this one, you will see that the red light on the tv is on, but the display stays off. It’s not necessarily a problem, as you can quickly fix it through a simple process.
- Another reason can be that your tv remote is broken. It can be due to external damages or the batteries on your remote running out. The fixes on this issue are also straightforward to follow through.
- A broken socket can also cause your tv not to turn on. In that case, your tv won’t get any power from the outlet to turn on. However, there is nothing particularly wrong with your TV when this problem happens.
- Sometimes, you may even forget that your tv is connected to another device. So, when you try to turn your tv on, it won’t turn on because you will need to power the connected device.
- The power supply failure issue is a severe issue that leads to this problem. The power supply on your Samsung tv can go wrong at any point. You will need to find a new power supply or take your tv to a technician. There is no easy fix for this as it’s a hardware damage issue you can’t solve yourself.
- The wrong source selection is an idiotic mistake that many people make. You don’t realize that your tv has selected the wrong source for playing visuals. Once again, this is not necessarily a significant problem, as you can quickly fix the issue with simple steps.
Typically, these are some of the reasons or problems you will encounter regarding your tv not turning on. Luckily, most problems are easy to fix and not even considered problems. All you have to do is, get rid of the issue causing the problem, and that’s pretty much it.
Solving the Samsung tv not turning on issue
The first thing you have to do is, troubleshoot your tv. You can follow the manual for this purpose. Once you troubleshoot, you can easily find the cause of this problem. Then, based on that, you have to go for a solution. Here, I will be taking you through several solutions you can try to fix this issue in your case.
Restarting the Samsung TV
A solution you can try out for any power issue is to restart the tv. It can be a solution when the power IC overheats. Restarting the tv gives it time to cool down and function properly. To restart your tv, here’s what you have to do –
First, take off the power cable of your tv. Keep the power unplugged for about 10 minutes. Then, turn on your tv and keep pressing the power button for a minute. Then, plug the power cable and turn on your tv once again. That’s pretty much it.
Using the correct source
Well, this is very obvious. First, ensure you are on the correct source before doing anything else. Choose the correct source or socket and ensure that the tv input is also in that socket. It should fix the problem for you instantly.
Replacing the power supply
One major problem with your TV is the power supply going bad. In that scenario, the only solution you can try out is to replace the power supply. Now, this is not something you can do by yourself. For this, you will need professional help. It can be an official Samsung outlet, or you can opt for any other skilled technician.
Contacting the support
If you can’t figure out what’s wrong or causing the problem, the best solution is to contact support. Connect with the Samsung tv support team and check up on the issues that may have been causing the problem. They can surely provide a solution for you.
Typically, these are the solutions you can try out other than being aware of the situation. For example, you need to replace the remote or the batteries with a broken remote. Also, check whether the connections are correct or not and whether it’s connected to another device.
To sum it up, whenever you see your Samsung tv won’t turn on, the first thing to do is determine what’s causing the problem. Once you find the reason, the solution is easy to adopt. Unless there was a power surge or severe hardware damage, you could fix the problem with a simple power reset or some easy-to-follow steps.
Graduated with a Bachelor of Audio Engineering and Sound Production. He has worked with a number of studios as a Recording Engineer, with over 10 years of servicing experience in both re-recording mixing and sound editing.