Are you getting anxious by the minute because Youtube not working on Samsung TV? Well, you’re not alone in this. Luckily, there are a few ways to fix this frustrating issue.
Users must try emptying their caches to fix Youtube issues in a Samsung TV. On the other hand, often reinstalling the App works wonders too. However, when these two generic solutions fail, users must look for factory default issues. Now, we understand that the possible scopes of solutions are updating the App, reinstalling, factory reset, or removing caches.
Well, worry not. The first step to fixing this issue is to find the root cause. So, if your Youtube isn’t working, here are a few reasons and solutions you need to know about. Keep reading!
Why Isn’t Youtube Working On My TV?
There’s no need to panic when you experience a Youtube TV black screen for the first time. In reality, there are a plethora of reasons for this problem. Some of these are outdated Samsung TV models, unsupportive TV models with Youtube, corrupted data, and cache issues.
But, the good news is there are a few troubleshooting methods that users can easily use to eradicate them. Let’s check them out!
Solutions For Samsung TV Youtube App Not Working:
So far, we understand the fundamentals of why your Youtube app is not working on Samsung TV. But now it’s finally time to see how to solve the issue. Read on!
1. Check Your Youtube Server
Troubleshooting a Youtube server during its outage is a must, as it won’t let you use the device until the problem is eradicated.
Users need to locate the Downdetector and search Youtube to urge Samsung TV Youtube loading. The search will notify you if Youtube faces any outages due to high spikes. All you’d have to do then is wait for Google to take care of the issue.
2. Review Samsung TV Model
Sometimes when your smart TV is outdated, you will be in a murky situation. Youtube won’t play on smart tv unless you own a Samsung model from 2016 or after. If in case, the listing is before 2016, you’ll need to update to a better TV version for seamless operation of apps such as Youtube.
3. Check The Internet Connection
So, your Samsung TV Youtube videos not loading, but you haven’t checked your internet connection first?
That’s a step back because, more often than not, when you can’t access any website, the issue lies within your router or modem. However, if you can access other sites but Youtube, it’s solely the site or device’s issue.
You can also look into this issue by following the steps elaborated below.
- Step 1: Open Samsung TV’s home option.
- Step 2: Scroll and click the Settings menu.
- Step 3: Scroll to select the Network menu.
- Step 4: Click on Network Status.
- Step 5: Check if the status is connected or not.
Sometimes when your Youtube is not working on Samsung smart TV, reconnecting or restarting the internet router also helps.
4. Remove Youtube Cache
The internal storage in any device plays an integral role in efficient and seamless performance. You can try clearing up caches from your Samsung TV to tidy up and speed things up. Did you know that YouTube often doesn’t work on Samsung TV when there’s an overflowing cache, data corruption, error, or warning?
Don’t worry; clearing app caches can also help when Youtube is not showing a full screen on smart TV. So, let’s see how to remove this fuss.
- Step 1: Select the Home button on your remote.
- Step 2: Scroll and select the Device Care in Support option.
- Step 3: Wait till your TV scans the storage.
- Step 4: Press Manage Storage from the screen’s bottom.
- Step 5: Locate Youtube TV and highlight the option.
- Step 6: Press on the highlighted option.
- Step 7: Press View Details, highlight, and press Clear Cache.
5. Reinstall App
Often, simply reinstalling the App can not only update but also eradicate youtube on Samsung tv, not working issues. So, how do I reinstall Youtube on my TV? Keep reading to know!
- Step 1: Go to the App’s menu.
- Step 2: Select the Settings option from the top.
- Step 3: Press Youtube from the dropdown list.
- Step 4: Scroll and press the Reinstall option.
- Step 5: Stand by, wait for a few minutes, and finally bid goodbye to your smart TV Youtube app not working issue!
6. Upgrade Samsung TV’s Software
We sometimes forget that reviewing and updating the TV’s software is just as important as the other factors. If you’re facing Samsung smart TV youtube playback error, here’s how you can update the software and eradicate the issue.
- Step 1: Select the Home button on your remote.
- Step 2: Go to the Support in the Settings option.
- Step 3: Highlight the Software Update option and select it.
- Step 4: Select Update Now.
- Step 5: Wait for the TV to finish installing, and lastly, select OK to proceed afresh.
7. Reset Samsung TV
People often wonder, ‘how do I reset youtube on my tv?’ and rightfully so, as the first instinct that most of us have is to reset the TV or the App. So, here’s how you can factory reset your Samsung TV.
- Step 1: Select the Home button.
- Step 2: Select the General option from Settings.
- Step 3: Scroll down and press Reset.
- Step 4: Enter the 4-digit pin.
- Step 5: Confirm to proceed.
Now that you know how to reset Youtube on Samsung TV, you must also remember that a factory reset will delete multiple apps and log you out of all accounts. So, ensure you know your passwords and have time to reinstall the apps before beginning.
Leave those days behind where you’d have to spend hours fixing a Youtube and smart TV issue. We’ve looked into all generic troubleshooting solutions that work like a charm.
Even then, if Youtube is not working on Samsung TV, you can try restarting your Wi-Fi router or the TV’s smart hub, reinstalling the App, power cycling, or opting for a full factory reset.
We sure do hope that some of these solutions work out for you so you can catch up on your favourite shows and channel uploads without spending an arm and a leg on fixing such nerve-wracking techy issues!
HI, John Andrew here. I’ve been an audiophile since I was a little kid. I’m an original member of myaudiolover . It emerged as a way for me to share my passion and knowledge for audio technology. If you’re looking for tips, techniques, and insights about audio-tech, that can enable your productions that professional edge, then MyAudioLover is the place for you!