Got your Skullcandy wireless buds recently? Have trouble connecting the buds to your device? Don’t worry; I am here to save your day.
If you can’t pair your Skullcandy earbuds, then I will take you through how to pair Skullcandy wireless earbuds. I will also address some of the issues you may face while pairing your earbuds. Typically, you shouldn’t have any issues if the device is compatible with the earbuds.
So, before you even jump into this guide, make sure to check whether the device is compatible or not. Now that it’s out of the way let’s get going with it.
How to pair Skullcandy wireless earbuds
In general, it’s not that difficult to connect the earbuds to your device. The process is very straightforward, and you just have to follow some simple steps. Let’s get through the steps very quickly to see how you can do it properly.
- First of all, you will need to place both the earbuds inside the charging case. Ensure that the earbuds light turns red, and you get the sound. Then, close the charging case.
- Next, you will have to bring out the earbuds from the charging case. Doing all this will get the earbuds into pairing mode. Once that’s done, you can simply move on to the process of pairing the buds.
- For there, you just go to your device’s Bluetooth settings. There, you should get the Skullcandy earbuds listed on the available devices.
- Finally, select the earbuds on that list, and they should connect to your smartphone or laptop, whatever device you are using.
As you can see, the process is very basic. There is no complicated installation of any software or anything else. If the devices are compatible with the earbuds, they should work out without any trouble.
Fixing the one earbud working issue
A very common problem that many Skullcandy earbuds users have is that when they connect the earbuds, only one of them connects and the other one doesn’t. So, here I will take you through the steps of fixing that issue as well.
Here’s what you have to do to fix the issue –
- You have to start by disconnecting the Bluetooth. Just turn off the Bluetooth connectivity on your device.
- Next, please turn on your earbuds, but make sure it’s not paired to any nearby device.
- Then, you have to click on the center part of the earbuds. You have to do it four times to reset the earbuds completely.
- After that, you just have to put the earbuds in the charging case and close up the lid.
- Doing that will pair up the earbuds with themselves first. It would help if you got a beeping noise coming from the charging case.
- You just confirm that the earbuds are paired up together with the beep noise.
- Once that’s done, you can follow the process I discussed above to pair up the earbuds with your device.
So, the gist here is that you have to connect the earbuds first, then move on to pairing them up with your device.
Tips for pairing Skullcandy earbuds
Sometimes you will have trouble pairing your Skullcandy earbuds due to some reason. There is no need to panic yet; it can be a pretty simple issue at times. The main thing to know here is to go through the troubleshooting steps or know what to check out.
That’s where I come in. I will share some tips on what you should be checking out if the earbuds are going through trouble while pairing them with your device. Let’s get going.
- The first thing to do is, make sure you have turned on Bluetooth connectivity on your device. You will also need to make the device visible for the nearby devices to connect. So, ensure that as well.
- It’s essential to check the interfering factors that can impact the connectivity. You have to make sure that the earbuds aren’t connected to a random device that’s close.
- Another factor to consider here is the fact that both the devices are charged up. Sometimes something as silly as not charging the earbuds or your device can cause pairing issues. Well, if it’s your device, you will know it anyways. So, you have to check whether your earbuds are charged or not.
- A very common problem with Bluetooth connectivity that you can face is when there is a Wi-fi router close to your device. If they are using the same bandwidth, you will have issues connecting the earbuds for sure. So, if you are facing trouble with pairing up the earbuds, try connecting them away from the router or after turning off the router.
- If you are having issues with pairing up your device to the earbuds, one thing you can always try is to restart or reset them.
First, you should try out restarting the earbuds. I mean, just turn off the power and then turn it back on. This should fix the issue most of the time. Sometimes your device can also be an issue; in that case, you just have to restart the device.
Aside from all these, you will always have to think about the compatibility factor. If the earbud Bluetooth technology isn’t compatible with your device technology, you can’t even use the earbuds with your smartphone or whatever device you are using. So, you have to make sure the earbuds are compatible with your device.
In summary, now that you know how to pair Skullcandy earbuds, you can pretty see how easy it is. Yes, you may sometimes encounter trouble, but it doesn’t matter too much. There are several things you can do to counter those issues as well.
Having said that, if you have manufacturing defects or may be hardware issues with your device, then that’s another issue. In that scenario, you will have to rely on replacing the earbuds or repairing them somehow. But you shouldn’t worry about that if the earbuds are fairly new.
Graduated with a Bachelor of Audio Engineering and Sound Production. He has worked with a number of studios as a Recording Engineer, with over 10 years of servicing experience in both re-recording mixing and sound editing.