How many times have you had to wonder whether your headphones are okay or not? Sometimes, the solution is pretty simple; you just have to reset your headphones.
For those who have Skullcandy headphones, I will be telling you how to reset Skullcandy headphones to make them work again. Before going into the thing, make sure to check for any hardware or external damages on your headphones. If that’s the case, this reset won’t work.
Let’s get started right away.
When does Skullcandy headphones resetting work, and why should you do it?
Now, let’s talk about the fact that you should even consider resetting your headphone. Does it always work?
Well, most of the time, it works if you are having software-related issues. Resetting the headphones will simply reset all the related settings and make sure to resolve any issue that may stop the headphone from working.
Once that’s out of the way, you can think about when you should be opting for this factory reset on your headphone. Here, I will go through some telling signs to reset your headphone and make them work again.
- The obvious one is whenever you have trouble connecting the headphones to your device. Of course, you will need to ensure that there are no external damages or reasons for the connectivity issues.
- When your devices can’t find the Bluetooth headphones, it’s probably because of a software issue with the headphone. In that case, you will need to reset the headphones to their factory state.
- Another instance where you should consider resetting your headphones is when they keep disconnecting. This can be a crucial reason to reset your headphones, as facing this is troublesome.
- Sometimes you may have delayed audio when playing a video clip on your smartphone. In that case, you can try resetting your headphone to see whether it fixes the problem or not.
- The last scenario were resetting the headphone may fix your problem is static. If you are getting a lot of static noises from your headphones, you will need to reset the headphones to fix them.
You can just factory reset the headphone and fix the issues in any of these situations. Remember, resetting the headphones isn’t the absolute solution to fix these problems. Sometimes, it may not even work, but it’s worth a try for sure.
How can you reset your Skullcandy headphones?
Here’s the real deal, if you have a Skullcandy headphone, how do you reset that. That’s what we will be discovered here. But before that particular process, let’s get through the general process of resetting headphones.
- Usually, the factory reset function on headphones is mainly on the power button. So, find the power button at first.
- Then, please press the button and hold it for a while.
- You will get a flash of light or a beep as an indication of the reset.
That’s the general method for resetting headphones. While most of the headphones will reset this way, some headphones have exceptional purposes.
Now, let’s get through how you can reset the Skullcandy headphones. It’s also quite simple; you just have to follow the steps I am about to show below –
- The first thing to do here is to remove your headphone from all the paired devices. You will need to do that from your laptop or the smartphone you may have paired it with.
- Then, you will need to find the volume buttons on the headphone. Usually, it’s on the right earcup of your headphone. This may also vary, so look for the ones in your headphone.
- After that, press and hold both the volume buttons together and keep holding them for a while.
- After a while, you will see two lights flashing to indicate that the headphone has reset. It may or may not beep, so I recommend looking out for the lights.
- This is typically the case for most overhead headphones with volume buttons. If this method doesn’t work for you, you can simply follow the general resetting of headphones. It will for sure be one or the other. Still, if you are concerned, you can just refer back to the headphone manual and follow the process described there.
Frequently asked questions
Now that the major question is out of the way, here are some frequent questions; you may also wonder about resetting headphones. Let’s get the answers to them quickly –
- How to reset Skullcandy earbuds?
Here are the steps to reset your Skullcandy earbuds –
- Insert your earbuds in the charging case first.
- Then, remove your earbuds from the paired devices list in the Bluetooth settings on your laptop or smartphone.
- Now, power off the Bluetooth of your device, so it doesn’t get connected to the earbud somehow.
- Next, you have to remove only the right earbud from the case. Then, you will need to tap the earbud 4 times on the outer part. Finally, place that back in the charging case.
- After that, repeat the same thing with the left earbud now. And this will reset both the earbuds to their factory settings.
- How do I reset Bluetooth?
Well, aside from removing the paired devices from the list, you can try resetting Bluetooth completely. To do that, go as follows –
- Go to your application settings and find the Bluetooth application.
- From there, click on the broader menu and find the storage option of the Bluetooth app.
- There, you will need to clear the cache of the Bluetooth settings.
- Go to your home menu. Then, restart your device.
- That’s it; your Bluetooth is reset, now you can start pairing your desired devices.
I guess you won’t have to worry anymore about your headphone not working. At least, not right away. Now that you know how to reset Skullcandy headphones, you can always try that out first. It will often solve any kind of software issues you may have with the headphones. As for the hardware, problems are pretty evident, so you can get them solved as well.
Graduated with a Bachelor of Audio Engineering and Sound Production. He has worked with a number of studios as a Recording Engineer, with over 10 years of servicing experience in both re-recording mixing and sound editing.