Planning to get a Yamaha soundbar? Or maybe you already have one; either way, it's a great choice to have. Their soundbars come with excellent quality and experience for music and movies. Wondering how to connect Yamaha soundbar to tv? Then this article is for you.
Here, I tell you three different methods of connecting your soundbar to your tv. These are very easy-to-follow methods, so you don't need to worry too much about them. Without wasting any time, let's get going with it.
Yamaha Soundbar Bluetooth Pairing
The first method I want to talk about is the Bluetooth connectivity method. It's the most convenient way of using your soundbar as you don't have to worry about any wired connections.
Related: Do Smart TVs have Bluetooth
Before you opt for this method, make sure that your tv has Bluetooth connectivity options. Otherwise, you will need to go with the other two techniques. So, let's go through the steps of connecting your Yamaha soundbar to tv.
- First of all, you need to turn on Bluetooth on your tv. You should find that in the tv settings.
- Then, you have to work on the soundbar. Setup your soundbar and turn it on. You should see a flashing light which usually indicates that it's on and working.
- Now, it's time to pair your soundbar with your tv. It's very easy; all you have to do is make sure your soundbar is turned. This should bring the soundbar Bluetooth pairing option to the list on your tv.
- Select your soundbar from all the available Bluetooth devices and it should work. This takes a moment to connect.
As you can see, it's super simple to connect your Yamaha soundbar to your tv. Now, for those who don't have Bluetooth in their tv, you can try getting a Bluetooth adapter for that purpose. Just make sure your tv has a USB port where you will be inserting the adapter.
And if you don't have the way to connect via Bluetooth, you can opt for wired connections. There are two ways you can connect your soundbar using wires; let's check them out.
Related: Best Wireless Speakers for TV
Connect Yamaha Soundbar to TV using HDMI ARC
Now, you might go through a bit of confusion while connecting your soundbar using this method because there are different HDMI ports in some TVs. Among them, you get the best audio results when you use the HDMI ARC port. It can cooperate with surround sound codecs like DOLBY Atmos or DTS.
However, if you don't have an HDMI ARC port, you can still connect it using the regular HDMI port. Let's check out the steps.
- The first thing to do is locate the proper HDMI port on your tv. You can check the labels of the ports to find them easily. It's best if you use the HDMI ARC port rather than a regular HDMI port.
- Then, you have to connect the soundbar to your HDMI port using an HDMI cable. In some cases, this should be enough to establish the connection. But some TVs require additional settings.
- You have to go to the settings of your tv and enable the HDMI option. Also, if you have multiple HDMI connections, make sure to choose the right one.
- Now, you have to choose the output mode of audio to the soundbar. And that's it, you are all done.
Although, some TVs may not work without an HDMI ARC port being there. In that case, you will need to opt for the last and final option. This is an optical cable connection which is pretty common in most tv's so you won't have to worry about that.
Connect Yamaha Soundbar to TV using Optical Cable
Many people have trouble with optical cable connections. That's why they want to avoid this. But it's not that troublesome. All you have to do is get a quality optical cable, and that's it. Using optical cable will give you a better sounding audio quality.
Here are the steps you need to follow –
- First of all, you will need to turn off your tv and soundbar. It's essential to switch them off for optical cable connection. The reason is that using optical cable while keeping the devices on has a higher chance of shocking you.
- Now, you have to take one end of the optical cable and insert it on your tv optical port. Then, take the other end of the cable and insert that in the input source of your soundbar. Make sure to put it in the input source.
- Finally, you can turn both your devices on and do some settings on your tv. The settings are selecting the soundbar as your default audio output device.
Something to be aware of with this connection is that optical cable may not be available everywhere. Also, it would help if you used a quality cable because it affects the audio quality you get from the soundbar.
There are some common questions regarding connecting soundbar to tv. Let's check them out quickly –
- What's the best way to connect the soundbar to tv?
There is no best way; however, connecting the soundbar via Bluetooth is the most convenient way. You don't need to go through those hassles of wires and stuff. For audio quality and performance, it's better with an optical cable.
- Can you connect the soundbar via Bluetooth without built-in Bluetooth on your tv?
Yes, you can connect a soundbar via Bluetooth even if your tv doesn't have the option. For that, you will need a Bluetooth adapter that enables the options for Bluetooth in your tv. However, this doesn't work for all TVs either, so you have to research before you buy one.
Related: Best Soundbar for Samsung TV
All in all, knowing how to connect the Yamaha soundbar to tv can be helpful. With the three different methods, you can try out various options as well. So, no matter what tv you have, you can easily connect the soundbar to your tv without any worries.
HI, John Andrew here. I’ve been an audiophile since I was a little kid. I’m an original member of myaudiolover . It emerged as a way for me to share my passion and knowledge for audio technology. If you’re looking for tips, techniques, and insights about audio-tech, that can enable your productions that professional edge, then MyAudioLover is the place for you!