Looking for the best external speakers for TV? Welcome to my in-depth review. Choosing an external speaker is not so tough, but getting quality items is kind of challenging. That’s why after doing hours of research and comparing tons of external speakers, I've come up with some of the top-notch choices right here.
- Here I've shared my experience with each product
- My research result with pros and cons
- Why each item is best
- A detailed buyer’s guide to help you decide
I don't want you to waste your money by taking low-quality items. So, if you are confused about taking any product, this is the exactly right spot where you can make your ultimate decision. So let’s dive into the ocean!
In short, here are my top 3 picks, which help you to look at a glance and take any of them, as all of them are best in different categories.
Best Runner Up:
Kanto Yu4 Powered Speakers
Klipsch Theater Pack 5.1 Speaker
Bose Companion 2 Series Iii Speakers
Best External Speakers for TV: Our Top Picks
1. Best Overall: Kanto Yu4 Powered Speaker
When I'm talking about my top picks, the name that comes into my mind is Kanto. I picked it as my first choice because it offers enough bass for a good listening experience and powerful sound. The Bluetooth speaker has an impressive range and provides two different connections: Aux or Phono preamp and an input for a phone or other devices.
It also comes in a wide array of colors for you. You can place it anywhere in your home or office. The speakers are also compatible with your TVs that support an HDMI port. It gives you a 60 Hz - 20 kHz Frequency Response.
If you face any disturbing bass, plug a subwoofer into the SUB OUT port, and it will give you the feel of low bass with good quality music.
- Weight: 13.2 pounds
- Speaker Type: Bookshelf
- Connectivity Technology: USB
- Power Source: Corded Electric
- Dimensions: 13.39 x 5.51 x 8.66 inches
- Highs are clear, and frequency separation is very apparent.
- Great Bluetooth implementation.
- It pairs very nicely with the matching sub from the same company.
- Energy-efficient, auto-standby consumes < .5 watts and works well.
- It only came with 3.5mm input.
2. Best Runner Up: Klipsch Theater Pack 5.1 Speaker
Klipsch Sound System can be your ultimate choice if you want to enjoy the fullest home theatre experience. The Surround Sound System is also very efficient in generating deep bass response without large and dedicated subwoofers.
When I have come up with separate zones to connect other components such as computers, game consoles, it will be perfect for your whole-home theatre enjoyment.
According to my experience after Kanto, Klipsch Theater Pack is one of the most highly-rated sound systems in the market today.
The entire system also comes with wired remote control, by which you can adjust the volume, change inputs, and bass output depending on your preference. With its aluminum tweeters and Tractrix Horn mechanism, Klipsch offers you a good response.
- Speaker Type: Subwoofer
- Batteries: 1 Lithium ion
- Mounting Type: Floor Standing
- Dimensions: 11.8 x 11.8 x 13.3 inches
- Flexible System Placement.
- Reference Theater Pack brings cinematic sound into your home.
- Provide remarkable low-frequency response.
- Come with a wireless subwoofer.
- Limited Warranty!
3. Best Budget: Bose Companion 2 Series iii Speakers
Are you looking for a product that provides a pretty good sound on an affordable budget? The Bose Companion speakers are just what you're looking for! These multimedia speakers have a lot to offer, providing great sound quality and many features. The speakers offer a simple and easy setup with a 3.5mm auxiliary input.
You can use the USB port in two different ways, such as to connect the speakers to a PC or to attach an MP3 player. Unlike Bluetooth wireless technology, it may not allow you to connect to more than one device.
Bose Multimedia Speakers help you to save your extra space. You can also enjoy a high-quality sound system using Bluetooth up to 30 feet.
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Speaker Type: Multimedia Speakers
- Dimensions: 5.9 x 3.1 x 7.5 inches
- Operating compatibility: Mac, Windows XP
- Wired & wireless connectivity options.
- Placement flexibility with all different types of surfaces.
- Built-in subwoofer, which provides high fidelity bass reproduction.
- Very balanced sound with slight bass emphasis.
- The wires are short compared to others.
4. Best for Home Theatre: Presonus Eris E4.5-2-Way Speakers
I will have something for you if you think of having a Perfect desktop setup, home theatres, soundbars and AV receivers in one product. If you are a content creator or gamer, or a huge fan of music, you can choose Presonus. Eris comes with a high-frequency transducer and ultra-low mass system to eliminate harness.
The polymer-fiber weave composite tweeter helps keep the cones in place by reducing mechanical resonances.
It provides a bottom that's not too bassy or too light. The Eri will ensure consistent manufacturing quality at every stage of production. Its shielded, dual-port crossover network provides optimal frequency response and phase linearity. It prevents unnecessary bass from leaking into other areas of your audio system, whether in your listening room or living room.
- Speaker Type: Monitor
- Frequency Response: 70 Hz - 20 kHz
- Dimensions: 16.54 x 9.06 x 11.81 inches
- Power Source: Corded Electric
- Easy to set up.
- Looks good and is very well built.
- Recommended for any studio, home theater, or computer room.
- It is priced on a per-pair basis.
5. Best Wireless Speaker: Acoustic AA5170 Bluetooth 5.1 Speaker
If you prefer wireless speakers, the Acoustic AA5172 system can be your favorite computer speaker. It has a built-in remote control and FM tuner and comes with a USB, SD card slot, and many more premium features.
Furthermore, this one right here also has an attractive black finish that will look great sitting on any shelf in your home. So if you want to create a pleasant listening experience, this item is for you.
Without all the noise of long cords bouncing around behind you, the Acoustic Audio AA5172 is something different. It is compatible with the iPod, iPhone, iPad, and other MP3 players and all devices that can take a USB or SD card. The AA5172 also has built-in Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. So, you can pair it with any Bluetooth device such as your computer or cell phone.
- Power Rating: 700 Watts
- Speaker Type: Surround
- Dimensions: 12.3 x 6.7 x 13.1 inches
- Frequency Response Rate: 20Hz-20 kHz
- Stream music wirelessly from mobile devices and computers.
- Play digital music directly from flash drives, memory cards and smartphones.
- Delivers thumping bass and crisp highs.
- The bass, treble, and volume control ensure complete control over the sound.
- The setup can be a little complex, as it requires some assembly.
6. Best Desktop Monitor Speakers: Audioengine A5+ plus
The Audioengine A5+ Plus provides you with excellent speakers with great sound quality. You can easily pair it with Mac, PC, tablet, smartphone, or any operating system like Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, Android. You can easily connect multiple devices in a few moments with double audio input of analog power amplifiers.
It features a 24-bit DAC and high-performance headphone amplifier for quality sound from your connected computer, USB audio player, TV, or other digital audio sources.
The A5+ Plus also allows you to switch between three different inputs: Bluetooth, USB, and Analog. There's no need to connect any cables as it will enable you to stream music wirelessly from your portable phone or tablet device.
- Weight: 15.40 lbs
- Mounting Type: Tabletop
- Speaker type: Bookshelf
- Dimensions: 9 x 7 x 10.75 inches
- Small speakers give you a big sound to fill any room.
- These speakers need No network setup, no passwords, no hassle.
- This speaker has an auto-sensing sleep mode.
- Some people complain about the Bluetooth experience.
7. Best Space Saver Speaker: Elac ELAC Uni-Fi 2.0 UB52
When you have limited space and want higher performance than your TV speakers can give you, these speakers might be just what you need. You don't want to go the whole hog with a full-blown speaker system that dominates the room. The ELAC offers class-leading sound to match its elegant looks, with polished skills and distinctive features.
Coming in two finishes, black or white gloss finish, both offer a modern look. A 1" silk dome tweeter in the speaker ensures crystal clear high frequencies and reduced distortion. Thanks to its ergonomically engineered waveguide, the UniFi 2.0 confirms seamless integration with any home theater setup.
- Subwoofer: 4 Inches
- Frequency Response Rate: 46 to 35,000 Hz
- Finish Product: Black Ash Vinyl
- Dimensions: 10.83 x 7.28 x 13.62 inches
- A tweeter enhances its low and high frequency.
- You can place it anywhere.
- Comes at an affordable price.
- Most balanced, highest performing speakers.
- Good sound quality but not great!
8. Best Wall Mounted Speaker: Samsung SWA-8500S/ZA 2.0
The next speaker I would like to introduce is the Samsung SWA-8500S Speaker. It features a Wireless Subwoofer with a black body with an overall height of 23.7 inches and a diameter of 10.1 inches. If you like to save space and mount the speaker on the wall, Samsung can be a good option.
The two speakers feature a slim design and need additional brackets or attachments to mount on your wall. It has a streamlined appearance and matte black finish that complement any home's decor. Its frequency range is 20Hz~20KHz and allows you to connect two devices. It also has an 8-inch passive radiator, making it amazing for better bass sound.
- Batteries: 3 AAA batteries
- Speaker Type: Surround
- Dimensions: 3 x 3 x 5.7 inches
- Mounting Type: Plug, Soundbar, Wall
- Active Subwoofers are easy to set up.
- RMS Output Power 54 W gives you good sound.
- Bring wireless surround to your Samsung sound plus Soundbars
- Clutter-free experience and get great sound
- The base is wireless, and the speakers are not wireless.
9. Best Studio Speaker: Edifier R1280T Bookshelf Speakers
With technological advancements in audio equipment, we have a new generation of speakers coming out. The new Edifier R1280T speakers provide you with different features. When you connect the speaker to your computer, you can hear and feel the music you've been longing for. The Edifier R1280T has exceeded expectations with a sleek design.
The powerful 42-watt speaker system delivers high-fidelity sound to you. It will make the drive seem short. However, despite its size and power, this speaker system won't break your bank as we offer them at a price value you can afford. With a solid and heavy-duty build, you can keep these speakers around through thick and thin.
- Speaker type: Bookshelf
- Weight: 10.8 pounds
- Dimensions: 6.9 x 9.5 x 5.8 inches
- Product Connectivity Technology: RCA, Auxiliary
- •The total package of retro look with a modern sense of audio quality.
•The quality sound produced midrange.
•Includes a handy remote control system.
•Perfect for RCA to RCA or RCA to AUX connections.
- Not the best choice for audiophiles.
10. Best Premium: Monoprice 10565 Premium 5.1 Speaker
Does it provide something new for me? Why not! It comes with five pieces for you with high-quality sound. This Monoprice 5.1-channel home theatre system features four speakers, one center speaker, and a subwoofer. The three satellite speakers are black, and the center speaker is a cherry-finished wood veneer with a black cloth grille.
If you are thinking of having a speaker on an affordable budget, this system is perfect for home theater enthusiasts. It boosts bass and clarity by covering very low frequencies. The sound in TV dramas and movies will be clear. This system includes a compact remote control to control the volume and mute the system right from your seat.
- Speaker type: Subwoofer, Satellite
- Connectivity Technology: Wireless
- Weight: 41.6 pounds
- Dimensions: 20.7 x 18.9 x 23.7 inches
- Two hundred watts built-in amplifier can handle frequencies from 30 Hz to 150 Hz.
- Easy to mount almost anywhere.
- You can use it with any amplifier.
- Superb sound quality and a stunning sound stage.
- The subwoofer overheats for no reason.
11. Best Bookshelf Speaker: Polk Audio T15 100 Watt Speaker
Are you looking for a top-notch home theater speaker system? A stunning pair of bookshelf speakers with a deep bass response and ultra-clear sound? If you answered yes, taking the Polk Audio T15, 100 could be a good decision.
Polk's engineers have created a true audiophile listening experience through careful design. It is a Pair of high-performance bookshelf speakers that provides you with deep and full bass response.
The T15 speaker blends a silk dome tweeter to reproduce high frequencies. The speakers provide an expansive soundstage, with crisp highs and rich mids. Though they can't be wall-mounted, they are the perfect addition to any room where you want to enjoy acoustic music or even your favorite movie night.
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Enclosure Type: Vented
- Weight: 8.25 lbsOverall Frequency: 60Hz-24kHz
- Ideal for listening to music, watching movies, and playing video games.
- Provide a wide soundstage and enhanced bass response.
- They are wall-mountable.
- Incredible home theater sound and concert-quality music.
- •Bass lacks punch, and the overall sound has some tinny quality.
12. Best Wireless TV Speakers: Audio Fox Stereo Speaker
When you are looking to invest in a new TV, it is key to find one with the right features and design. The set comes with a remote control which allows you to change the volume or turn them off if they are on by accident. This speaker also turns itself off after a certain time, so you don't run out of battery. It delivers high sound quality with ease.
The TV speaker is also lightweight and simple to carry around if needed. The sound quality is fantastic for the price, enhancing the movie-watching experience. In addition, this speaker does not have to be mounted on a wall, so you can still enjoy your TV at the same time. The sound is clear, but there isn't enough bass to enjoy the music.
- Audio Output Mode:Stereo
- Color: Black
- Dimensions: 24 x 3.96 x 3 inches
- Wireless connection eliminates tangles.
- Bluetooth compatibility with virtually any audio source.
- Speakers feature 3.5mm input for easy reference.
- The built-in mic allows you to take commands.
- Depending on the size of your home, the Bluetooth range might be limited.
13. Best Digital Mp3 Speaker: Pyle PTVSP18BK Wireless Portable Speaker
I will show you today's last number, and it is Pyle. The Pyle speaker connects to your TV across a 100-foot range. It allows you to move around your house effortlessly.
One of the most notable features of this speaker is the digital TV and MP3 player. You can enjoy your favorite television shows and music without stopping them.
Additionally, it has a built-in microphone for hands-free operation. The High Sensitivity Hearing Assistance allows individuals with mild hearing issues to listen to sounds from afar with ease. The Pyle QSC Audio Quality System ensures that each sound is crystal-clear through high fidelity stereo audio.
- Speaker Type: Wireless
- Connectivity Technology: Bluetooth
- Item Weight: 1 pound
- Batteries: 1 Lithium ion
- Built-in microphone and remote cable controller.
- You can connect your MP3 player or shuffle songs.
- You can simply plug in headphones for private listening.
- The price is affordable.
- The batteries failed rapidly within a year.
Related: Top-rated Soundbars for Samsung TV
How to Choose the Best External Speakers for Your TV
The external speakers are a necessary piece of equipment for watching television. Before purchasing the top-rated external speakers for tv, make sure you consider the following Here, I have discussed some factors that help you purchase the best one for your television.
The shape of the speaker depends on the speaker's brand and size. Some brands make square-shaped speakers, while others make them long and narrow. All you need to do is decide which shape will look better with your TV. If you have a larger TV between 32 "-60", curved or rectangular-shaped speakers will be best for you. So, the size of your TV will impact which speakers you should choose.
Fortunately, there are many different types of speakers on the market today so finding one to match your size is not an issue. The type of speaker you choose should depend on the size of your TV. If you have a larger TV, you might want to go with a different type of speaker. You can buy speakers that connect through wire or Bluetooth to your TV.
To find the best external speakers for your TV, you need to research the connection options. There are different connection options to the shape of a speaker. One of the most popular options is Bluetooth. With this option, you can put your speaker right next to your TV, and it will connect wirelessly through a Bluetooth connection.
Most speakers sit perfectly on the flat surface of the television. It is easy to place them there because you will be able to hear the sound. The larger the speaker, the more challenging it can be to find a place for it. If you have a small TV, you will not have this issue because these kinds of speakers can fit anywhere. You should consider placing them to hear the sound clearly while watching TV.
Price is not all that important for speakers because you can find affordable ones at most retail stores. But, there are some cheap speakers today that deliver very good quality. These speakers are usually more expensive for larger TVs than smaller TVs with no Bluetooth. Before choosing a speaker, you might think about the price.
The write-up on the best external speakers for tv ends here. As I’ve mentioned all the quality products and stuff, any of them can be your go-to speaker for television.
But don't you have enough time to think or read this comprehensive review? If so, then I’d suggest you take my opinion and get Kanto Yu4 Powered Speaker for its excellent sound quality, durability, and overall performance.
Right now, the ball is in your court!
Graduated with a Bachelor of Audio Engineering and Sound Production. He has worked with a number of studios as a Recording Engineer, with over 10 years of servicing experience in both re-recording mixing and sound editing.