I bet you won’t like to have a bulky sound system lying around your slim and sleek Samsung TV. It just completely ruins the beauty of your TV setup. So, the best solution for that is getting a soundbar.
Now, I have been working on getting some cool aesthetic TV setups as a part of my audio enthusiastic work. That led me to find some of the best soundbars for Samsung TVs. I did some research on these before I got them.
Samsung Harman Kardon 5.1.2
Sonos Beam - Smart TV Sound Bar
So, what I have got for you here is my experience with these soundbars and the user experience of others. And if you are looking for a soundbar to go along with a Samsung tv, stick to this article until the end and get your thing right here.
Let’s get into it then.
- 1 Top 10 Soundbars for Samsung TV
- 1.1 1. SAMSUNG HW-Q950T (Best performance)
- 1.2 2. SAMSUNG 2.1 Soundbar R450
- 1.3 3. Samsung Harman Kardon 5.1.2 (Best sound)
- 1.4 4. SAMSUNG 3.0 Sound+ Premium Soundbar HW-MS650
- 1.5 5. Samsung HW-A450
- 1.6 6. Sonos Beam - Smart TV Sound Bar (Best overall)
- 1.7 7. Polk Audio Signa S2
- 1.8 8. YAMAHA YAS-207BL
- 1.9 9. Sony HT-X9000F Soundbar
- 1.10 10. VIZIO V-Series 5.1 Home Theater Sound Bar (Best in the budget)
- 2 Tips for Buying the Best a Soundbar for Samsung TV - Buying Guide
- 3 Conclusion
Top 10 Soundbars for Samsung TV
Here I have got some soundbars from Samsung as well as from other brands. They have distinct features that make them stand out. So, you can choose one based on what you prefer in your soundbar.
1. SAMSUNG HW-Q950T (Best performance)
If you have a Samsung Tv, I would say this is the absolute best soundbar for you. It comes with several amazing features along with some aesthetically pleasing aspects.
The first thing to love about this one is the powerful sound you get from this. With the 9.1.4 speaker configuration, you will just love the sound quality you get. It gives you a 3D and immersive experience that you would love to have while watching movies.
There is nothing to complain about the connectivity aspect of this one. It comes with Wi-Fi connectivity as well as Bluetooth. For the physical connections, you get one HDMI output and two inputs. As far as compatibility goes, you won’t have any issues with a Samsung TV whatsoever.
- Dimensions: 51 x 24 x 11 inches
- Connections: 2x HDMI in, 1x HDMI out, 1x optical line-in, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Speaker configuration: 9.1.4-channel
- Power output: 564W
- Weight: 50.2lbs
- It has some top-quality features for a soundbar
- You get excellent audio quality with clear surround sound
- This one has wireless connectivity options for better convenience
- The looks of the soundbar are exquisite and sleek
- It’s a large soundbar to compliment larger models of Samsung TV
- This can be a bit expensive
- The low ends of the sounds could be better
2. SAMSUNG 2.1 Soundbar R450
When you are in search of a robust soundbar for your Samsung Tv, this is what you will get. For a heavy-duty sound system for your TV audio, this is the perfect thing you can get. And the best part is you can get rid of the hassles of wires.
I was amazed to see the smart sound detection technology on this soundbar. Because the price you pay for this one shouldn’t have this kind of a feature at all, it can analyze the movie or music you are watching and then optimize the sound with the best possible settings, so you get excellent sound quality.
You can easily pair this one up with a Samsung surround kit which is a great addition to better quality in the sound. But that doesn’t mean its original sound quality is bad. You still get high-quality sounds all around.
- Dimensions: 2.77 x 35.72 x 2.1 inches
- Connections: Bluetooth
- Speaker configuration: 2.1-channel
- Power output: 200W
- Weight: 3.3lbs
- The soundbar will pair with a Samsung TV seamlessly
- The wireless subwoofer connectivity gives you freedom from wires
- With smart sound technology, you get the best possible audio settings for individual shows, music, or anything you watch.
- It has got the option to connect with the Samsung surround kit, which is a big plus.
- This is a heavy-duty soundbar, so you don't have to worry about durability here.
- It doesn’t have Wi-Fi or streaming facilities
- This one doesn't have many connectivity options
3. Samsung Harman Kardon 5.1.2 (Best sound)
Something that makes this one different from most other choices in this list is the collaboration with Harman Kardon. Yes, in this Samsung soundbar, you get the audio expertise touch of Harman Kardon. So, when it’s about sound quality, you can’t go wrong with this.
Still not convinced? Well, then what if I tell, you get a wireless subwoofer option on this one. I mean, this feature alone can liberate you from all the wiring hassles you could have had. And that’s something you would love to have for your home theater system.
To satisfy you with the surround sound, it has got a 5.1.2 channel speaker configuration. You get a total of 13 speakers on this one. Two speakers can fire sound upwards, so you get the complete surround feeling even from above.
- Dimensions: 50 x 24 x 10 inches
- Connections: Bluetooth, 2 HDMI, 1 Optical
- Speaker configuration: 5.1.2-channel
- Power output: 370W
- Weight: 41lbs
- It comes with state-of-the-art sound engineering from Harman Kardon
- This has wireless subwoofer functionality to avoid troublesome cables
- The upward-firing speakers are a great addition for a complete surround sound feel
- It’s very easy to install and use
- This one has some elegant and stylish looks that will surely go well with your Samsung TV setup.
- The soundbar is a bit heavy
4. SAMSUNG 3.0 Sound+ Premium Soundbar HW-MS650
Don’t have the extra space of a sub yet want some bass? Then this is the soundbar you need for your TV. It comes with a built-in subwoofer, so you get to save space on your TV setup.
Coming to the sound quality of the soundbar, you get absolute quality ensured. It can detect and cancel out any distortion that may come ahead of your audio. As for the volume, I didn't have any complaints; it was loud enough for me to enjoy the music.
What I loved a lot were the looks of it along with all other features. It has got that classy black sleek finish on it that you would love to see. It will complement any kind of home theater setup you may have.
- Dimensions: 41.73 x 5.14 x 3.07 inches
- Connections: USB, HDMI, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi
- Speaker configuration: 9 speakers
- Power output: 450W
- Weight: 13.67lbs
- It has got a built-in subwoofer so that you can save space for a subwoofer.
- The audio quality of this soundbar is top-notch, and you won't have any issue with it.
- It gives you several connectivity options, including Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
- This one has got distortion canceling feature for providing clear sound quality.
- The soundbar looks very good with any Samsung TV setup
- Even though it has a subwoofer, it may not be satisfactory for some
- It's expensive, considering you have to get a separate surround system and subwoofer.
5. Samsung HW-A450
Looking for a Samsung soundbar that is affordable? Then this might be the perfect thing for you. It's a quality soundbar that comes at a reasonable price, and you even get a subwoofer with it. So, this is a deal you shouldn’t be missing out on, right?
I don’t think that affordability means compromising with quality. Because on this soundbar, you get features like adaptive sound technology that will give you the best possible sound quality adapting to the content.
Even on this one, you get to enjoy wireless functionality, and you are freed from wires. It comes with Bluetooth connectivity and a wireless subwoofer. As for control, you get a remote control.
- Dimensions: 2.9 x 33.9 x 2.1 inches
- Connections: USB, HDMI, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi
- Speaker configuration: 2.1 channel
- Weight: 12.8lbs
- This is a very affordable soundbar, considering the features and functionality.
- You get adaptive sounds for the content you watch
- It comes with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for wireless functionality
- This soundbar is very easy to set up, especially with a Samsung TV
- With a 2.1 channel, you get good bass and quality highs.
- The volume could be a bit higher
- The sound quality isn’t as crisp as the other options
6. Sonos Beam - Smart TV Sound Bar (Best overall)
Don’t like the large, long, and lengthy soundbar? Then try this compact and lightweight soundbar for your tv. And if you have a smaller size tv, then this can go very well with your TV setup.
It's very easy to set up with your TV when you have HDMI arc support. Other than that, you still get wireless connectivity options on this one. You can even control the soundbar with Alexa voice assistant, so that’s always a plus.
For the sound quality, I was satisfied with how the surround system sounded on this one. It was quite full and gave an immersive surround sound. But the bass wasn’t as full as you could have in some other options.
- Dimensions: 25.6 x 2.7 x 3.9 inches
- Connections: USB, HDMI, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi
- Speaker configuration: 3.1/5.0/5.1/beam only
- Weight: 6.35lbs
- The soundbar is super compact, so you can keep it anywhere you want
- It comes with top-quality surround sound, good enough to satisfy you.
- This is very easy to control using voice control and the Sonos app; you also get a remote.
- It’s very easy to set up, so you don’t have to stress over it.
- It comes with excellent volume control for late-night playing.
- The bass isn’t very satisfying
- It won’t look that good in a large setup
7. Polk Audio Signa S2
I have to say, among all the choices I brought into the list, this one impressed me the most. There are quite a lot of reasons for that.
First of all, the sound quality on this was beyond my expectations. You can hear all the crisp and clear details in movies on this soundbar. And the subwoofer that you get for the setup gives you some deep bass as well.
Once you check out the price of this soundbar, you will be in awe. Because you get so many features packed up in it, and the quality is also top-notch. Getting all this at that price range truly feels like a dream at times.
- Dimensions: 3.22 x 35.43 x 2.15 inches
- Connections: HDMI, Wireless
- Speaker configuration: 2.1
- Weight: 3.9lbs
- The usability of this soundbar is too good to describe
- You get excellent value for money from this soundbar
- It comes with some amazing sound quality, even with the bass
- The soundbar has wired and wireless connectivity options for convenience
- It’s a good quality soundbar that lasts for quite a long time
- The surround sound isn’t that immersive
- It doesn’t work with some earlier models of Samsung TV
8. YAMAHA YAS-207BL
When it comes to music equipment and instruments, Yamaha never ceases to amaze us. This soundbar from Yamaha also doesn’t fail to do that.
Starting with the 3D surround mode, I had no complaints about it whatsoever. It does what it's supposed to do and does a flawless job. Once you install the DTS virtual firmware in the soundbar, it reaches its maximum potential and leaves you stunned with the quality.
Another thing I liked a lot about this one is the aesthetics. It looks sleek and stylish while it saves up a lot of space in your setup as well. Aside from that, I found setting this one up a walk in the park.
- Dimensions: 4.3 x 36.7 x 2.4 inches
- Connections: HDMI, Optical, analog, Wireless
- Speaker configuration: 2.1
- Weight: 6lbs
- The surround sound quality on this one is very impressive
- It features a wireless subwoofer which adds up a lot of conveniences
- You can stream music from your devices using Bluetooth
- It comes with a slim design that can save up some space in your setup
- The soundbar is very easy to set up with your tv
- It doesn't have a smart assistant support
- The subwoofer cuts out at a lower volume
9. Sony HT-X9000F Soundbar
If you care how your home theater system will look, you go for this one without any second thoughts. This soundbar from Sony has got some stylish looks that are hard to beat. As for the performance, well, it’s a Sony appliance you can expect quality from this even blindfolded.
Coming to the sound quality, you will have no room for complaints. It amplifies the dialogues and creates much more clarity in the audio. This takes your movie or TV show-watching experience to another level.
The surround sound quality on this one reaches its peak with the vertical sound engine. This feature helps the soundbar to upscale audio and give it a 7.1.2 channel vibe. That’s something you will love about this one.
- Dimensions: 43.2 x 20.4 x 9.8 inches
- Connections: Bluetooth, HDMI
- Speaker configuration: 2.1/ 7.1.2
- Weight: 22.05lbs
- It comes with some great surround sound capability
- You get a wires subwoofer for fewer hassles
- The soundbar has some exceptionally stylish looks
- It gives you great clarity on the voices for a better movie experience
- You can stream anything via Bluetooth using your smartphone
- It doesn’t have a powerful bass
- It’s not the best for a large room
10. VIZIO V-Series 5.1 Home Theater Sound Bar (Best in the budget)
We all love to see quality meeting affordability. Keeping up with that, I have to say; you will love this one too. Because it’s not only affordable but also comes as a whole package of features and functionality.
First of all, this one comes with a soundbar, a subwoofer, and two satellite speakers. So, if you were worried about getting an immersive experience, then all your worries will be gone with this. And the DTS virtual X feature just makes it a perfect surround system.
While many affordable soundbars fall behind in the bass aspect, this one excels at that. You get some good power coming from the bass, considering the price and the size of this thing. And, adding to all that comes the stylish, sleek looks of the soundbar.
- Dimensions: 3.18 x 36 x 2.24 inches
- Connections: Bluetooth, HDMI, AUX
- Speaker configuration: 5.1
- Weight: 20.6lbs
- This one comes with some excellent surround sound performance
- The bass is powerful enough to meet your needs
- You get good volume levels on this one which produce louder sounds
- It looks quite elegant and premium
- The affordability of this one is a surprise you are not ready for
- It’s not compatible with 4K signal
- It doesn’t have any smart adaptive options
Tips for Buying the Best a Soundbar for Samsung TV - Buying Guide
While trying to buy the best soundbar for Samsung Tv, the first thing to know is the compatibility. You have to make sure the soundbar is compatible with your tv. Then you have to consider the following factors I am about to discuss.
This is a very crucial element for a home theater system. For a better home theater experience, your goal is to get an immersive sound quality from the soundbar. To get that, you have to consider how many channels or speaker configurations the soundbar has.
Typically, a 5.1 channel is more than enough to give you a great immersive feel. However, if there is an option for going 7.1 channel, you should take it. For smaller rooms, 2.1 channels can also do the job. So, you have to consider this based on what room you are using it in.
It’s always better to have some convenient connectivity options in your soundbar. For example, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity can go a long way. However, having an eArc connection pays a lot more here.
When your soundbar has eArc support, you can get the true surround sound feel. This will enhance your music, movie, or gaming experience a lot. So, you should look for the eArc connectivity feature on the options you go through.
Aside from that, you should always seek HDMI inputs. The higher number of HDMI inputs, the better it is for you. Especially if you want to connect your sound bar to multiple devices, you have to consider this at all times.
Looks and size
Remember getting a sound bar isn’t just about sounds. Because you could find home theaters that give you better sounds, but they tend to be bulky. With a soundbar, you will have a better-looking sound system that has a modern feel to it.
So, make sure you are considering how your sound bar looks. Getting a sound bar with a slim and sleek design should be your utmost priority in terms of looks. As for the size, you should consider your TV size. Make sure the sound bar doesn’t look too big or too small compared to your TV.
Well, this is an obvious consideration you have to make. However, there are some tricky things about deciding on a sound system from this aspect.
Some sound bars will come with excellent bass from their quality subwoofer. And some may not have that but excel in producing richer sounds from the speakers. Now, which one should you go for?
To clear out the confusion, you just have to think about what you prefer. If you love those heavy bass sounds, then you should opt for a better subwoofer. But if you want to listen to those dialogues from a movie with the best clarity, you should go for better speakers.
Aside from all that, you should always aim to get the best of both. That way you can have great experience in both listening to music and watching movies.
To sum up, choosing the best Soundbar for Samsung TV isn’t going to be easy. On one side, you will have choices from Samsung, which are sure to be compatible with your tv. On the other side, some strong contenders are too hard to miss out.
Now, I can help you out with something if you know what you want. So, if you search for a budget soundbar, I would say go for the VIZIO V-Series 5.1 Home Theater Sound Bar. It has the best quality and best features you can expect in a budget pick.
But if you aren’t concerned with money, then SAMSUNG HW-Q950T is the very best you can get. It’s expensive, but it’s worth every penny. Lastly, if you want to stay in the middle and have a small setup go for Sonos Beam - Smart TV Sound Bar as it’s the best option overall.
Aside from all these, you can still go from anyone I shared on that list because every single one comes with great potential and quality to ensure your satisfaction.
Graduated with a Bachelor of Audio Engineering and Sound Production. He has worked with a number of studios as a Recording Engineer, with over 10 years of servicing experience in both re-recording mixing and sound editing.