VIZIO is a pretty familiar name in the smart TV industry. But did you know that VIZIO also has a broad lineup of soundbars? These soundbars might not be as popular as their TV, but they offer great value for the money. If you are looking for a soundbar, VIZIO’S offerings are definitely worthy of your consideration.
Now, assuming you have purchased a VIZIO sound bar, there are multiple ways you can connect them with your TV. At this point, if you are wondering how to connect the VIZIO soundbar to your TV, I am here to help you out. Below I have discussed all the available methods to connect your soundbar TV. Just follow one of these, and you will connect the soundbar in no time.
Unboxing and setting up the VIZIO soundbar
Assuming you just got your hands on the VIZIO soundbar, I’ll start the whole thing from the very basic. First, you need to open the box the soundbar came in. Apart from the soundbar itself, you’ll find all the necessary cables and accessories in the box to make the connection with the TV.
Separate the accessories like the wall mount and screws first. There will be a user manual with every soundbar of VIZIO, and it’ll be crucial to help you throughout the setup and connection process. So, keep that manual safe. Whether you mount it on the wall or just place it on something, placing the soundbar under your TV is optimal for the best performance.
As I mentioned earlier, there is a comprehensive lineup of VIZIO soundbars available on the market. Some of them even come with a subwoofer too. If your unit happens to have one, place the subwoofer at the corner of your room. Then plug the power cord in the soundbar as well as the subwoofer.
Before connecting the soundbar to the TV, make sure to turn off the TV speakers with the soundbar remote. It’ll allow all the audio signals to channel through the soundbar instead of the TV speakers. Now that the soundbar is powered up, let’s move on to the connection part.
Related: connect a phone to Vizio TV
Connecting the VIZIO soundbar to TV: 4 methods to follow
In total, there are four methods to connect a VIZIO soundbar with the TV. There are three wired connection options, and lastly, there is a wireless connection option via Bluetooth.
All the soundbar models across three lineups have Bluetooth built-in. So, if your TV is smart and has Bluetooth, this connection will be available to you. As for the wired connections, all the necessary cables for those come with the soundbar. Below I have described all four methods step by step for your convenience. Let’s have a look.
1. Using an HDMI cable
The first method I’ll discuss here is using the HDMI cable. Almost all the soundbars have HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) options, and universally, it’s considered the best option to connect any soundbar to the TV.
As the HDMI cable transfers audio digitally, the quality remains intact. Even if it’s higher resolution audio or surround audio signals, HDMI cables can handle it easily. Here is how to connect the VIZIO soundbar to the TV using an HDMI cable.
- Step 1: Get the HDMI cable out of the accessory box of the VIZIO soundbar.
- Step 2: Locate the HDMI port behind the soundbar, and plug one end in.
- Step 3: Now, take the other end, reach the HDMI input at the back of the TV, and plug that in. That should set up the connection.
- Step 4: On your TV, select the input method to HDMI, which should complete the connection. Finish by playing any media file and see if the soundbar is working.
2. Using a SPDIF cable
The next thing you can use to connect your VIZIO soundbar with a TV is using the SPDIF cable. Again, this cable can be found in the accessory box of the soundbar. SPDIF (Sony/Philips Digital Interface) is a fiber optical cable to transfer digital audio signals. It can be a great way to connect your VIZIO soundbar with a TV without sacrificing the audio quality. Here is how to hook the VIZIO soundbar to TV by a SPDIF cable.
- Step 1: First, get the SPDIF cable out of the accessory box. You might also recognize this cable as fiber-optic or Toslink cable.
- Step 2:You’ll notice that both ends of the cable have a protective cover. Remove the covers.
- Step 3: Locate the optical audio port at the back of your TV and plug the cable in.
- Step 4: Take the other end of the SPDIF cable, locate the soundbar’s optical port, and plug the cable in.
- Step 5: After making the connection, change the input method to optical, which should complete the connection. Finish by playing a media file and checking the quality.
3. Using an RCA cable
The RCA cable might be the most common method of connecting the audio system to the control system. As RCA connectors have considerably large surface contact, they can transfer high-quality audio signals with minimum interference. Follow the steps below to connect the VIZIO soundbar with the RCA cable.
- Step 1: Get the RCA cable out of the box. It’s a red-white pair with dual connectors at both ends.
- Step 2: Locate the RCA output at the back of your TV. The output should also be marked red and white. Plug the connectors to their respective ports matching the colors.
- Step 3: Now, reach out to the back of the soundbar, where you should find the red and white audio input. Plug another end of the RCA cable there.
- Step 4: Change the input method to RCA after the connection is complete. Finally, play something on your TV and see if the connection is made successfully.
4. Using Bluetooth
This is the last method you can use to connect your VIZIO soundbar to the TV. There is a common misconception that Bluetooth affects audio quality, which is not the case with the VIZIO soundbar. If you want a clean setup with minimum wires, Bluetooth can be a great help. Here is how to pair the VIZIO soundbar to the TV via Bluetooth.
- Step 1: At the back of the soundbar, locate the Bluetooth button. This button usually has Bluetooth written beside or with a logo.
- Step 2: Press and hold the Bluetooth button for about five seconds. That should put the soundbar into pairing mode.
- Step 3: Now, turn the TV on and go to the Bluetooth setting. This part might vary from TV to TV.
- Step 4: Scan for any nearby device, and you should find the VIZIO soundbar there. Select and connect to the soundbar.
Here we are at the end of my guide. Throughout the article, I hope you’ve understood all the methods of hooking up the VIZIO soundbar to TV. As you have noticed, there are four ways of connecting your VIZIO soundbar to a TV.
This variety in connection is also one of the key features of VIZIO soundbars. Now that you know the ways, all you have to do is connect the soundbar following the most convenient method and complete your multimedia setup.
HI, John Andrew here. I’ve been an audiophile since I was a little kid. I’m an original member of myaudiolover . It emerged as a way for me to share my passion and knowledge for audio technology. If you’re looking for tips, techniques, and insights about audio-tech, that can enable your productions that professional edge, then MyAudioLover is the place for you!