Best Turntable Isolation Platforms 2021, Reviews &Buyer’s Guide
Do you think you can get more from your turntable if you could stop the vibrations whenever you play music? Then maybe it's time you got yourself the best turntable isolation platforms.
But where does one get the best turntable isolation platforms? More importantly, though, how does one choose the best platform to use? While we agree that might be a tall order, it is considerably much easier with our guide.
We have researched and tested the isolation platforms that would best serve you and increase the quality of the music and sound you can get. Do read on.
Top 3 Picks the Turntable Isolation Platforms
our top pick
Best Budget Option
Auralex Acoustics SubDude-II Isolation Platform
Pyle PSI15 Sound Dampening Isolation Platform
Right Choice XL Pro Acoustic Sound Isolation Platform
How Did We Pick the Best Turntable Isolation Platforms
In our quest to pick the best turntable isolation platforms, we considered several factors.
Firstly, we looked at the various isolation platforms' designs before settling on the ones on our list. The design of a platform will be the difference between it being able to support multiple sizes of turntables or not.
Another thing we looked at is the build of the platforms. All the isolation platforms on our list are quite durable due to the robust build they come with. A good build will also determine whether the platform minimizes vibrations or not.
We also looked at the price. We understand that the best products are most often highly-priced. That, however, doesn’t mean that you should pay through the nose for everything. We only included those products we felt had fair prices.
Finally, we looked at whether the platforms would be suitable for different turntables or not. Since you need an isolation platform, you’ll want it to be one you can use with other turntables, right?
1. Auralex Acoustics SubDude-II Isolation Platform
Why Is it Our Top Pick?
- This platform will tighten your sound system's bass while increasing the low-end clarity for the best possible audio. It is also strong enough to support a rather heavy subwoofer.
If you’re looking for an isolation platform that will dramatically reduce the vibrations from your turntable, you won't be wrong choosing SubDude-II Isolation Platform. It reduces the structural vibrations that your turntable produces through walls and floors.
You might be thinking that the minimization of vibrations will reduce the quality of sound you hear from your turntable. That is, however, far from the case with this isolation platform. That’s because it preserves the clarity and accuracy of the original audio track.
By tightening the turntable’s bass, the platform minimizes vibrations while ensuring you get clarity for every track you play. That also ensures it gets rid of resonance artifacts that won’t help the quality of your sound.
It is quite robust and can support a turntable or subwoofer that weighs as much as 200 pounds. Since it is a floor type of isolation platform, it will decouple the turntable from the floor and tune the sound.
Its unique materials will instantly diminish useless sounds and vibrations for a tighter and cleaner bass. You won’t miss a beat trying this platform.
- 1.75" x 15" x 15" in size
- Supports subwoofers with a maximum of 200 pounds
- Made with special Auralex technology
- It comes with a stylish velour covering
- It reduces structural vibrations, allowing for a cleaner sound
- The maximum turntable weight it can support is 200 pounds
- It de-muddles sound and eliminates artifacts for a cleaner sound
- It is wide enough to support larger turntables
- It doesn’t work well for vibrations going upwards/upstairs
2. Pyle PSI15 Sound Dampening Isolation Platform
Why It’s the Best Performance Isolation Platform
- This isolation platform comes with a dampener that is compatible with any turntable model or brand. That is the main reason it is our pick for the best performance platform.
Apart from its ability to be compatible with most turntables, this Pyle PSI15 isolation platform will eliminate uncalled-for resonance from your turntable. In doing so, it will enable you to listen to the optimal, rich sound.
What makes it so efficient in muffling out unwanted noise is the material. It has a high-quality foam material that provides the ideal stability for your turntable system while cutting out vibrations.
The foam material also has an anti-slip pad that means your turntable won’t slip off the platform. Most turntables tend to move due to the turbulent effects of the sound they are producing.
It measures 15” x 15” x 1.8 inches, enabling it to support up to 90lbsof any music system. The high-density foam will reduce the recoil for the turntable speakers you use, allowing it to support heavier turntables.
- It has a maximum load capacity of 90lbs.
- 15” x 15” x 1.8 inches wide
- It is made with foam material
- It comes with an anti-slip base pad
- It is compatible with a wide variety of turntables
- The base pad is nonslip to prevent slippage
- It is large enough and can support turntables up to 90lbs.
- The foam is thick and, therefore, durable
- It isn't that effective for crossover frequency reduction
3. RightChoice XL Pro Subwoofer Acoustic Sound Isolation Platform
Best Budget Option
The RightChoice XL Pro is the isolation platform to go for if you are working on a tight budget. It will still give you quality isolation performance with your turntable despite coming in at a fairly reasonable price.
The RightChoice XL isolation platform will dramatically reduce vibrations while increasing your turntable dynamic tone. It not only tightens the bass and low-end clarity, but also contains the sound to your room alone.
It has a high-quality, dense foam that reduces structural vibrations through the floor and walls. It will be like you are listening to the music only in your house and thus you won’t be a distraction to neighbors.
This platform also comes with a curved surface that will ensure most turntables fit onto it. You will thus enjoy improved resonance with your turntable.
You don’t have to use this isolation platform with your turntable. You can also use it to reduce vibrations from your HIFI system.
- Size 13.75 inches by 15 inches
- Made of dense foam material
- It preserves audio clarity
- Isolates the sound within the room
- It reduces structural vibrations through walls and floors
- It is quite affordable
- Tightens low-end clarity and bass
- It has a precision laser cut foam that is durable
- The foam might be too soft to absorb all the vibrations
4. Auralex Acoustics GRAMMA v2 Isolation Platform
If you’re looking for a tighter and more focused isolation platform to help reduce distractions for your neighbors, this is the one for you. It will help you achieve an authentic sound with your turntable or amp while saving neighbors from the loud bass.
The Auralex isolation platform will also help you to improve audio either on stage or in the studio. That should come in handy if you’re a performing artist or just want to chill with some cool music in your home.
What makes the GRAMMA v2 Isolation Platform so good at its job is the low-profile design it comes in. The low profile increases the stability of the turntable. It hence allows it to absorb and eliminate unwanted sound from the speaker.
It can hold a maximum of 300 lbs. of a turntable, subwoofer, or speaker. The 23 inches length and 15 inches width also mean it can hold quite a huge turntable. You can thus enjoy better mid and low-frequency definitions.
- Size of 23 inches long and 15 inches wide
- It can hold a maximum weight of 300lbs.
- It gives a tighter, more focused sound
- 6 pounds in weight
- The maximum weight of 300lbs can hold most turntables
- It provides a tighter, highly defined sound
- The low-profile design makes it stable
- It eliminates unwanted bass
5. Butcher Block Acoustics Audio Isolation Platform
This isolation platform looks like it would be more at home in the butchery or a hotel from its name. However, that doesn’t detract from the fact that its design helps make it one of the best isolation platforms for turntables.
The maple wood species used to make it ensure it will be durable and absorb the full impact of vibrations and the bass from your turntable. You can thus be sure that the days of distracting your neighbors are well behind you.
The Butcher Block Acoustics Audio Isolation Platform platform’s laminated patterns come in different designs that make them better absorbers of unwanted sound. That enables them to easily cut out audio artifacts and increase the resonance from all the audio you listen to.
If you’re looking for a top-quality isolation platform that will stand the test of time, choosing this maple wood-inspired isolation block will favor you.
- Made of durable maple wood
- The strong wood can support heavier turntables
- It comes with cork or rubber feet
- Increases clarity of sound
- It is quite durable thanks to the material
- The maple wood absorbs the bass and improves the clarity of sound
- Increases audio resonance
- It is quite heavy
6. IsoAcoustics Turntable Isolation Platform
This is yet another butcher block-inspired turntable isolation platform that will enable you to listen to music without worrying about noise for your neighbors. It's thick enough to cut out unwanted audio noise and reduce vibrations.
The IsoAcoustics Delos isolation platform is of maple wood that makes it durable and resistant to scratches. The maple wood has a seal of urethane-based sat in that makes it resistant to stains as well.
With the combination of hardwood and acoustics isolation, you will be sure to get quality sound from this butcher block. That’s because it is stable and absorbs vibrations while increasing the clarity of sound.
The primary way this isolation platform works is by decoupling the turntable speakers from the surface. That ensures any bass sounds produced do not get through to the surface.
- Made of Maplewood
- Works by decoupling turntable for the surface
- 18 inches wide and 15 inches long in size
- Maximum weight of 29 kgs
- It is of durable and robust maple wood
- It is wide enough to support larger audio systems
- The maximum weight of 29 kgs makes it handy for heavier turntable systems
- It decouples the turntable for the surface for better clarity
- It might have issues reducing feedback
7. Gingko Vibration Control Platform
Boasting an acrylic finish that makes it look so stylish, this 18” by 16” by 2.5” turntable isolation platform will help you eliminate unwanted noise. Gingko Audio Cloud 11 Vibration Control Platform will also improve your audio listening experience.
This isolating platform's bottom plate features deep wells that make a safe platform for turntables and other audio systems. It also has dimples that provide a steady resting ground for the audio system or turntables.
With the thicker skirt, this vibration control platform will capably support devices with thicker footprints. It also enables the platform to withstand heavier turntables and or speakers.
The additional thickness also reduces vibrations by up to 99 percent, while reducing the resonance to about 13Hz. As a result, you are sure to get the authentic sound that won’t be a nuisance to your neighbors.
- It comes with a stylish acrylic finish
- Dimensions: 18 by 16 by 2.5 inches
- Extra thick to support heavier components
- Bottom plate equipped with wheels
- It is quite thick, making it support heavier components
- It is wide enough to support heavier turntables
- It is quite durable
- The acrylic finish makes it stylish
- The thickness adds to the weight, making it rather hard to install
8. Pro-ject Audio Turntable Base
If you want the best turntable isolation base, the other one you can look at is the Pro-ject audio turntable isolation platform. It is a relatively affordable option if you are tight on cash but still want a quality isolation platform.
What makes it so unique is the isolation spikes it comes with. The Spikes enable it to eliminate unwanted sounds while improving clarity and tonal bass capably. That allows you to listen to music without worrying about disturbing neighbors.
It also has stable feet that ensure it is resistant to the vibrations that speakers cause. That enables it to capably soak up any vibrations that might seep through the walls and floors.
The anti-skate weight ensures it can support different weights of speakers or audio systems. The durable foam material on the surface also makes it a better absorber of bass and unwanted sounds.
- Features isolation spikes
- Has anti-skate weight
- Ensures zero movements by limiting vibrations
- Isolation spikes make it better at reducing vibrations
- It has a durable foam material that absorbs
- The stable make it support turntable better
- It is quite pricy
9. Pyle PSI08 Sound Dampening Speaker Riser Foam
Pyle reputation when it comes to isolation platforms. This is their second entrant on our list, and it doesn’t disappoint with the top features that will make it easier for you to enjoy high-quality sounds.
Like its sister already on our list, this Pyle PSI08 riser foam will help eliminate vibrations and create an optimal audio sound for you. That’s because it comes with one sound dampening riser that filters out any unwanted sound and isolates it to your room.
The damping riser platform pad can also work with almost any turntable. The universal compatibility allows working with different brands of turntables. You thus won’t have to fear getting a separate platform for any new turntable you get.
The thickly engineered foam will also stand the test of time, allowing you to own this isolation platform for longer. With the anti-slip pad, the bass sounds won't shift the turntable’s position as you listen to music.
You can also place speakers weighing up to 67 lbs. On this platform. The high-density foam ensures it is stable enough to support the speakers or turntables. Additionally, it is wide enough to support wider speakers.
- 22.5 by 17. 8 inches wide
- Has one studio monitor platform
- Can support a maximum weight of 67 lbs.
- Has high-density durable foam
- Features one riser sound dampener that reduces vibrations
- It is wide enough to support wider systems
- The anti-slip pad ensures the turntable is stable
- The engineered foam is durable
- The foam might appear squishy at times
10. Pro-Ject Ground It Deluxe II Turntable Isolation Platform
Closing off our list is the Pro-ject turntable isolation platform. It doesn’t deviate from the script set by the other platforms we have already seen since it minimizes vibrations by preventing their transmission.
It is a heavy weight platform that will support most turntables or speakers and fine-tune the quality of sound you listen to. Additionally, it has an adjustable height that will allow you to raise it a few feet high to reduce surface contact to reduce vibrations' impact.
The conical feet also add to these turntable platforms' stability, helping it hold the turntable or speaker better. Consequently, the feet won’t keep shifting positions, even with vibrations produced by the audio system.
If you want to improve your audio system's sonic performance, getting this turntable platform will be a step in the right direction.
- It has an adjustable height
- The feet are conical for additional stability
- It is a heavyweight turntable platform
- Minimizes the effect of vibrations
- It reduces the effect of vibrations through walls and floors
- The adjustable height means you can raise it further above the ground for better performance
- The conical feet add to the stability of the platform
- It will support most heavyweight turntables and speakers
- It could have been somewhat cheaper
Who Should Buy A Turntable Isolation Platform?
Have you been causing trouble for yourself by playing music at high volumes? Then you are the person that needs a turntable isolation platform. You will be less of a nuisance to your neighbors if you have a device that will minimize the vibrations from your speaker.
If you are in the entertainment industry and want the best sounds from your audio systems, you need to get yourself a turntable isolation platform. You will reduce the effects of dispersed sounds and give your audience a performance to remember.
If you want to improve your audio experience in your home, you can get an isolation platform. The quality of the platform itself will dictate the quality of the performance.
Important Features to Consider in Buying A Turntable Isolation Platform
How big or wide is the isolation platform? It should have sufficient enough space to hold your turntable. Therefore, if you have a huge turntable, it would only make sense to go for an isolation platform that will match its size.
The material of the isolation platform will determine whether you will own it for long or not. Always go for those with a durable foam material that will withstand the weight of the turntable.
You might want an isolation platform that has a stylish design that will look good in your home. That's why most people will look at the platform’s design. You don’t want to pick any ugly platform you see.
Price of the Isolation Platform
As much as you want an isolation platform for your turntable, you won’t be prepared to splash too much cash on it. On the other hand, you won’t go for a platform that is too cheap but compromises on quality.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I really need a turntable isolation platform?
Suppose you want to improve the quality of the sound you hear. It will help if you get a turntable isolation platform. By reducing vibrations, you will easily get more authentic sound for your turntable.
- What makes a turntable isolation platform the best?
The ideal isolation platform will minimize vibrations and fine-tune the quality of sound you get from the turntable.
- Do isolation pads work as well as isolation platforms?
Isolation pads might work for smaller speakers or turntables. Still, if you have a large turntable, you’ll have to get an isolation platform. Such a platform will be more efficient at dampening vibrations.
As you must have seen, the best turntable isolation platforms will minimize vibrations and increase the quality of audio you get from your turntable. Is there a better reason you should get a turntable isolation platform? We bet not.