Are you facing issues with your Vizio sound bar? Nothing in this world comes without problems. So, it’s only natural that you may face some of them on your Vizio sound bar, no matter how great the quality is.
Keeping that in mind, I will list some common issues that you may face with the Vizio sound bar. I will also go through the fix to those problems as I discuss them. So, this will be very much helpful for you if you have a Vizio sound bar at home.
Let’s get going.
Vizio sound bar not working
There are typically 3 or 4 problems that are quite common in a Vizio sound bar. And the solution to those is also pretty straightforward. Let’s go through them one by one.
Cannot turn on Vizio sound bar
Sometimes you have trouble even turning on your sound bar. Usually, that can happen from faulty power cables or poor connection or maybe wrong cable. Other than that, there is nothing serious that can cause your Vizio sound bar not to work.
Here are some things you can try out to make sure the sound bar works.
- The first thing to check is the cable connection. If the power cable is damaged or not connected properly, your sound bar won’t turn on at all. So, make sure the power cable is working.
- If there is nothing wrong with the power cable, try powering up the sound bar with the physical button rather than your remote control. Sometimes the remote may fail to work.
However, if none of these solve your issue, you should contact Vizio support or an expert as it may result from damage to the internal components.
Related: How to reset the Vizio soundbar
No audio from VIZIO Sound Bar
Getting no audio from the sound bar sounds bizarre, right? But sometimes it can happen due to several reasons. Most of the time, you have to look out for the audio settings of your device. Other than that, loose or faulty connections can also result in no sound.
To fix the issue, you can try out the following-
- First of all, check for the connections if they are okay or not. If not, then make sure to have a proper and tight connection with the device.
- You have to see if the settings are correct on your device. You have to put the sound bar as your default speaker setup for any device you are using. You can do that from the audio settings of your device, whether it’s a tv or a home theater, or your computer.
Anything besides these can indicate that there is something wrong with the speakers of your sound bar internally. For that, you will need professional help.
Buzzing or Static Sound
Most of the time, the reason for buzzing or static sound is a faulty connection. It can be the cables or a loose connection at the core. Now, fixing this is very easy; all you have to do is tighten the connection. Or replace the cables.
Also, try getting quality cables for such kinds of purposes. Cheap-quality cables can harm the sound quality of your sound bar.
Reset Factory Settings
If you can't figure out the problems after changing different settings, you should revert to the original settings. To do that, you can go for a factory reset on your sound bar. Here’s how to do it-
- First of all, turn off your sound bar.
- Then remove the power cable and keep it off for ten seconds.
- Finally, reconnect it, and you will see all the settings have been cleared. You will go back to the default settings of your sound bar after this.
In short, the Vizio sound bar not working isn’t the end of the world. As you saw above, the problems and solutions are pretty easy to handle. So, even if you are facing such issues, you don’t need to worry about it. Because at the end of the day, Vizio sound bars come with great quality at amazing prices.
Graduated with a Bachelor of Audio Engineering and Sound Production. He has worked with a number of studios as a Recording Engineer, with over 10 years of servicing experience in both re-recording mixing and sound editing.