When it comes to singing or using vocals, the most important factor to consider is the microphone. Sometimes having a good mic can enhance your voice automatically without any worries at all. So, if you are looking for such a quality microphone, I have got just the thing for you.
Here, I will take you through a complete overview of the Shure BLX288/SM58 Microphone System with two handheld vocal mics. This is a 2-component set of the wireless microphone system. Why am I recommending this? You will find that out as you proceed in the article.
Before you move further in this article, I would like to clarify some things. Firstly, I am a music enthusiast and audio designer myself. And because of that, I can tell you how all this works and why you should even consider this for your needs.
Also, I have been working with these microphone systems for a while now. And I have tested a lot of models and brands of such products. Moreover, I go through some research of my own before I buy something. Here I will be sharing all the things I know and I gathered through my research.
Shure BLX288/SM58 Microphone System Specifications
- Simultaneous Systems per band: 12
- Operating range: 300 ft
- Microphones: 2 x SM58
- Microphone type: Dynamic
- Transmitter form: Handheld mic capsule
- Connectivity: Wireless
- Battery life: 14 hours
- Receiver type: Table top
- Receiver output: 2 x XLR
- Receiver weight: 0.94lbs
- Receiver dimension: 38.86cm x 4.06cm x 11.68cm
- Transmitter dimension: 22.352cm x 5.334cm
What Shure BLX288/SM58 Microphone System is like physically?
After taking this system out of its packaging, you would look at it for a while. It doesn’t look very extraordinary, but you can tell it’s premium just by the finish of the product.
In the packaging, you get two SM58 microphones that are true to their sound quality. Along with that, there is the BLX58 dual-channel wireless receiver. Apart from these, you get a power supply, a user manual, and AA batteries to operate this thing.
Right off the bat, you can tell both the microphones and receiver are of rugged quality. They look durable and come with a smooth finish as well. The microphones have a metal mesh cover made of silver on the top. And the receiver has a solid LED display on the front.
Design and look
Just like I said earlier, the finishing of the whole setup is neat. You will love looking at it at first glance.
The microphones come with a two-part design. The top part includes all the hardware for the mic, and the bottom part is where you put the battery. You can rotate the bottom part to open it and insert the battery. There are two buttons for selecting groups and channels. And there is a power button in the middle, along with indicator light.
In the receiver, you have all the buttons for customization. There are two sides on the receiver’s front panel. They both consist of two buttons, two indicators, and an LED display. The two buttons are for determining groups and channels. One indicator shows if the mics are providing audio or not, and another indicator shows if they are ready.
Lastly, there is a power button to turn the receiver on. And on the back panel of the receiver, you have two mic outputs, two instrument outputs, and one power connection port. These are all the physical aspects of the microphone system.
Click for More Details
How is Shure BLX288/SM58 used?
A microphone system is basically your setup to use microphones at any place. You can use them for shows, concerts or you can use them to sing at home. If you are anchoring at an event well, they work for that purpose too.
Product features and rate performance
Here are some of the key features of this microphone system-
- Battery backup The battery backup of this microphone system is amazing. You can get 14 hours of non-stop performance using this one.Rate: 4.5/5
- Wireless connectivity No need to worry about tangling wires during performances when you have this setup. It gives you top-quality wireless connectivity throughout the stage. And the range? Well, you get 300 feet of uninterrupted wireless connection.Rate: 5/5
- Sound Quality If you are looking for some clear and crispy vocals through your microphone, this is the one you need. It gives you clean vocals without any distress at all.Rate: 4/5
- Ease of usage The best part of this microphone setup is easy to use the feature. You can very easily set up this system without any expertise on these things. Maybe for the first time use, you can go through the manual once.Rate: 5/5
- Rugged built Another catchy feature of the microphone system is its durable built quality. You won’t have to worry about the setup getting banged here and there because it would still keep working.Rate: 4/5
Benefits and drawbacks
Here are some benefits and drawbacks you may come across with the microphone system. First, let’s check the benefits-
- No hassle of wires at all. You can move around the stage freely while you are singing.
- The operating range is 300 feet, so you will never have to worry about getting disconnected in mid singing.
- Battery backup of 14 hours is enough to take you through multiple shows with ease.
- If you love to hear those clean and crisp notes of your vocal, you will enjoy using this.
- Super lightweight yet rugged construction assures you with comfort.
Well, if I were to nitpick, then I would consider the following as the drawbacks-
- Microphones may start malfunctioning after a few months in.
- A bit pricey, so not the best option for beginners.
There is no denying that Shure BLX288/SM58 Dual Channel Wireless Microphone System is a great microphone system for any professional musician and amateurs. It’s fairly easy to set up, so you don’t need to be an audio engineer to figure out how this works. And all the benefits you get along with this are simply exceptional. Lastly, there is nothing better than the freedom to go around the stage and sing your songs. Doing just that can make your performance much more dynamic and livelier than usual.
HI, John Andrew here. I’ve been an audiophile since I was a little kid. I’m an original member of myaudiolover . It emerged as a way for me to share my passion and knowledge for audio technology. If you’re looking for tips, techniques, and insights about audio-tech, that can enable your productions that professional edge, then MyAudioLover is the place for you!