If you have a Shure SM7B microphone, you already know it's not a complete setup. Even though it's a great microphone to have for your podcast shows or streaming purposes, you will still need to complete the setup by yourself. ( How to setup Shure sm7b microphone )
Among several different items, a mic stand is crucial to get. Now, having just about any mic stand won't cut the deal for Shure SM7B because it's quite heavy. Not every mic stand can't carry the weight of this microphone. ( Shure SM7B Review )
This is why I am here with a list of the best mic stands for Shure SM7B. These stands are perfect for the Shure SM7B because they meet all the requirements of holding down the line for the microphone.
Let's check out the mic stands one by one without wasting any more time.
Best in quality
Best value for money
RODE PSA 1 Microphone Boom Arm
K&M 23860 Microphone Desk Arm
Knox Gear Microphone Studio Stand
- 1 Top 5 mic stands for Shure SM7B
- 1.1 1. RODE PSA 1 Swivel Mount Studio Microphone Boom Arm – Best overall
- 1.2 2. K&M 23860 Microphone Desk Arm – Best in quality
- 1.3 3. Knox Gear Professional Microphone Studio Stand – Best value for money
- 1.4 4. NEEWER Adjustable Microphone Suspension Boom Scissor Arm Stand
- 1.5 5. Gator Frameworks Deluxe Desk-Mounted Broadcast Microphone Boom Stand
- 2 Buying guide for the best mic stand for Shure SM7B
- 3 Final thoughts
Top 5 mic stands for Shure SM7B
I have got for you here are five top-notch mic stands that you can use along with your Shure SM7B microphone. You won't have to worry about the quality of these stands as they are all suitable for the microphone. It all comes down to whether you like them or not.
1. RODE PSA 1 Swivel Mount Studio Microphone Boom Arm – Best overall
Rode PSA 1 Swivel will be a top choice for an SM7B microphone when it's about getting the perfect microphone stand or arm. There are plenty of reasons for this one to be the top choice.
First of all, the boom arm can handle the weight of the SM7B microphone as it can hold up 4.4lbs. It has got a pretty solid build quality that you can rely upon without any worries whatsoever.
This microphone boom arm works great because of the 360-degree rotation feature. This means you can adjust your microphone at almost any angle without worrying too much at all.
- Weight capacity: 4.4lbs
- Horizontal reach: 32.5"
- Vertical reach: 33"
- Weight: 3.83lbs
- Color: Black
- Construction: Metal
- The microphone boom arm has a durable and sturdy construction
- It can hold up quite heavy microphones without any trouble
- The horizontal and vertical reach is quite impressive
- You can easily adjust the position of your mic with the 360 swiveling arms
- It has a pretty simple installation process with desk mounts
- You may come across some metal grinding sounds on this
- There are no channels on this arm to hide the cables of the microphone
2. K&M 23860 Microphone Desk Arm – Best in quality
If you don't want the cable of your microphone sticking out or difficult to manage, then this is the perfect microphone arm for you. It comes with a cable management system that makes the whole thing look much cleaner and sorted.
Along with that, it also has a weight capacity of 3.2lbs which is something to admire. And if you have a Shure SM7B microphone, you won't even have to worry about this one holding up the mic's weight.
You will surely like the fact that it doesn't need any desk modification for setup. This will fit most of the standard desks out there without any trouble at all. This makes it a great choice since you won't have to ruin the look of your desk by cutting or breaking anything.
- Construction: Steel
- Extension: 37”
- Weight capacity: 3.2lbs
- Weight: 2.86lbs
- Dimensions: 22 x 5 x 6.5 inches
- The build quality and construction of the microphone arm is very sturdy
- It has got good weight capacity to hold up on heavy microphones
- The fitting you get from the microphone arm is suitable for most desks
- You can move and adjust the microphone arm very easily without too much hassle
- It has got a cable management system internally, so there won't be any dangling wires on this arm
- The microphone stand is a bit expensive, which can be an issue for some
- It comes with only XLR cable internally, so not the best pick for USB microphones
3. Knox Gear Professional Microphone Studio Stand – Best value for money
Are you on a tight budget to get your microphone stand? Then, this can be the perfect thing for you. This microphone stand comes at a very affordable price with some decent quality. And it's undoubtedly one of the best options for a Shure SM7B.
First of all, the durability you get from this microphone stand is just too good. It has got high-grade steel construction that is built to last for quite a long time. It comes with internal springs that give off an expensive microphone stand vibe. Whereas in reality, it's not the case at all.
It also packs up quite a punch on the features section with that excellent durability factor. The boom arm can hold up around 5lbs of weight with ease. Also, you get to experience the 360-degree swiveling motion on this one for quick positioning of your microphone.
- Construction: Steel
- Extension: 30"
- Weight capacity: 5lbs
- Weight: 3.47lbs
- Dimensions: 20.5 x 7.4 x 3 inches
- This microphone arm has got great build quality
- You can easily clamp this up on your desk without any modification
- It has a very affordable price tag
- The microphone arm is capable of holding up 5lbs weight
- There is 360-degree swiveling motion on this for easier adjustability
- The 5/8" adapter doesn't stay on the microphone for long
4. NEEWER Adjustable Microphone Suspension Boom Scissor Arm Stand
Don't like to go through too much hassle with setting up your microphone stand? Then, this can be it for you. It doesn't require too much work to set up this microphone stand. All you do is place it on the edge of your desk, clamp it to the desk, and you are all good to go.
Aside from the easy installation, it also offers an excellent value for money aspect. It doesn't cost too much, yet you can expect great longevity coming from this arm stand. It will last for quite a long time, and you won't have to worry about damaging this one anytime soon.
The microphone arm also has a pretty high range of motion that you can use a lot in your daily activities. Moving your microphone to different angles and position becomes much easier with that kind of motion. This gives you the freedom to work on your recording process even better.
- Construction: Steel
- Extension: 31.5”
- Weight capacity: 3.3lbs
- Weight: 1.28lbs
- Dimensions: 16.3 x 4.7 x 2.2 inches
- This microphone arm has a pretty sleek and slim design
- It comes with internal cable ties, so there will be no hassle of cables tangling
- It's very easy to install the microphone arm on your desk
- The microphone stand is surely a value for money
- It has a pretty good build quality that is made to last for a long time
- It's only compatible with XLR microphones
- The connector on the microphone stand isn't the best out there
5. Gator Frameworks Deluxe Desk-Mounted Broadcast Microphone Boom Stand
Here is another high-quality microphone boom arm that you can get a lot of use from. It just boasts in quality throughout. One of the best things you get with this microphone stand is the looks. It has got that premium vibe going on that you will surely love to have.
What you love the most about this microphone arm is the fact that you can easily mount this to your desk. The clamps just clip onto your desk very easily without any concerns about modifying your desk. You won't even need any help to install this one on your desk.
This microphone arm has some clean and smooth movements that don't make any noise at all. It's capable of holding up about 4.4lbs of weight, so you can easily rely on this one for carrying your Shure SM7B without any worries.
- Construction: Steel
- Extension: 32.5”
- Weight capacity: 4.4lbs
- Weight: 4.94lbs
- Dimensions: 39.96 x 14.76 x 11.81 inches
- This is a very high-quality microphone arm to get for your setup
- It has got one of the largest extensions you get to see in these stands
- The weight capacity on this microphone arm is pretty impressive
- This one has some smooth adjustments that you will feel good to have
- With the 360-degree swiveling motion, you don't need to worry about different positionings
- It has a built-in XLR cable that may not meet professional quality needs
- It doesn't work with any USB microphone
Buying guide for the best mic stand for Shure SM7B
Well, when you are out there looking for a quality microphone stand for your Shure SM7B, there are several things you need to consider. Going through the different factors will surely help you choose the perfect choice based on your setup.
The choices I already discussed here are all suitable for Shure SM7B. So, it's easy to get confused between choosing one of them. That's why going through the following factors will help you out a lot. Let's get going.
One of the most important things to consider while buying a microphone arm or stand for the Shure SM7B is the weight capacity. The Shure SM7B is a pretty heavy microphone with a weight of 1.69lbs. So, if you don't have a microphone stand that's capable of holding onto that weight, you won't get any use out of it.
Having said that, you can always go higher, even as high as you want. But typically, anything that can hold up more than 1.7 to 3lbs should be enough in this scenario.
Build and durability
Just having a microphone stand isn't enough all the time. You will need something that is built to last. You don't want a microphone arm that you have to replace or that breaks down in the middle of your project. So, it's essential to consider the durability of the microphone stand you are getting.
Usually, you should look for microphone arms made of steel as they can deliver the kind of longevity you expect to get from them.
Having a microphone stand that is easy to move around and adjust makes your life much easier than you would think. A feature like a long extension arm or a swiveling 360-degree arm helps out a lot in your recording sessions. You can position your microphone accordingly without going through much trouble at all.
Here is a tricky thing. Some microphone arms come with internal cable management, but they tend to have a fixed XLR cable inside. So, you can't use third-party cables in some cases. This can be a drawback if you want your microphone's best possible audio quality.
That's why when you are getting a microphone stand, you should try getting something where you can use your desired cables. Whether it has a cable management system or not doesn't matter if you care about the sound quality. However, if sound quality isn't a concern for you, then you can go for anything you want as long as it meets your needs.
Aside from all these factors, there is always that question of your budget. Usually, getting a microphone stand won't cost you too much unless you thrive on getting premium quality. It can be worth it if you are creating a high-end setup.
All in all, getting the best mic stand for Shure SM7B isn't that difficult, especially after I listed just 5 of the top choices. You can choose any one of them, and they will work as I researched for them, specifically thinking about the SM7B.
If you are confused between these 5, I have some suggestions for you. If you are looking for the best value out of your microphone stand, then Knox Gear Professional Microphone Studio Stand is perfect for you. But if you want the best quality and performance, then K&M 23860 Microphone Desk Arm should be your pick.
The overall best mic stand for your SM7B microphone has to be the RODE PSA 1 Swivel Mount Studio Microphone Boom Arm. This is a unanimous opinion that I got to know through my research.
However, you can still get any of them if other ones particularly meet your needs. None of them will disappoint you; that's the assurance I can provide.
HI, John Andrew here. I’ve been an audiophile since I was a little kid. I’m an original member of myaudiolover . It emerged as a way for me to share my passion and knowledge for audio technology. If you’re looking for tips, techniques, and insights about audio-tech, that can enable your productions that professional edge, then MyAudioLover is the place for you!