LG sound bars have become quite popular because of the quality they provide and the looks they come with. However, there is a common issue that many people face with their LG sound bars. Their LG sound bar keeps cutting out, which cannot be very pleasant when you are watching something on your TV.
So, let's check out why this happens and how you can fix the issue.
Why does my LG sound bar keep cutting out?
First, let's go through the reasons for sound cutting out on your LG sound bar. There are several reasons for this to happen, and here they are-
A common and obvious reason for sound cutting out from your LG sound bar is too much Bluetooth interference happening around it. Your sound bar is probably connected to a device via Bluetooth at that point.
And there are too many devices with Bluetooth connectivity around there. These Bluetooth transmissions interfere with the Bluetooth signals of the sound bar and cause it to cut out.
Another reason for this problem is the outdated software on your LG sound bar. Due to an older version of the software for your sound bar, it fails to process the data. This can affect streaming music or any other show through your sound bar.
Now, this one is a pretty obvious reason for that problem. If your sound bar goes through any physical damage, it can impact the hardware inside. As a result, the speakers can get damaged and cause the sound bar to keep cutting out.
Usually, these are the reasons that cause your sound bar to keep cutting out. Lucky for you that you can quickly solve most of them without any professional help at all. So, let’s check out how you can fix them.
Related: Vizio Sound Bar Cuts Out
How to solve LG sound bar cutting out
If there are issues with the hardware, you will have to opt for professional help. There is probably nothing you can do about any hardware damages unless you are a mechanic. Other than that, you can quickly solve the software issues you have with your sound bar.
Solution for Bluetooth interference
If you are having issues with the Bluetooth traffic, then there are two things that you can try to fix. You can either use wired connections to connect the sound bar to your device. Or you can remove any Bluetooth interference surrounding the sound bar.
There are several ways available on your LG sound bar for connection with your device. You can use optical cable or HDMI cable, or even an AUX cable to connect your devices with your sound bar. Even though it won't be as convenient as Bluetooth, it's the easiest fix you can get to this problem.
Later on, you can contact the LG support team regarding this issue to get a better solution. And if you still have a warranty, then you can use that as well.
The solution to outdated software
Well, this is pretty straightforward; you just have to update the software for your sound bar. There are two ways you can update the software of your sound bar.
You can either use your PC or Laptop to download the updated software and install it using a USB device. Or you can use your smartphone and the LG music flow app to install it.
Related: How to Reset LG Sound Bar
Let's go through both methods here.
Using PC or Laptop
- First of all, go to the LG official website and visit the support page. There you will see an option that says Software and drivers.
- On the search bar there, you have to type the model number of your sound bar. This will give you the update file for the software; download it.
- After downloading, rename the file to model and module. First, you have to write the update module, add an underscore, and type the model name.
- Then, plug in an empty USB stick in your computer and format it in the FAT32 system.
- After formatting, copy the update file into the USB stick. Now, you have to plug in the USB on your sound bar, and you should get a message saying “UPGRADE.”
- You can press the play button on the remote for your sound bar, and it will start updating.
- Your sound bar will automatically shut down after the update is complete.
Using LG music flow app
- Firstly, download the LG music flow app on your phone. Then open it.
- Then, go to the menu tab of the app and go to setting. There you should see an option that says version info.
- If the version is outdated, you will get an option to download the new version. Download it and install the new version wirelessly.
- For that, you will have to connect your device with the sound bar. Then, you can use the app to update the software.
- After the update is finished, your sound bar will restart automatically.
To sum up, the issue with the LG sound bar keeps cutting out is very easy to solve as long as it's related to a software issue. If none of the fixes we discussed work, it’s most likely an issue with the hardware. In that case, you will either have to go to a professional or contact LG customer support with the issue.
HI, John Andrew here. I’ve been an audiophile since I was a little kid. I’m an original member of myaudiolover . It emerged as a way for me to share my passion and knowledge for audio technology. If you’re looking for tips, techniques, and insights about audio-tech, that can enable your productions that professional edge, then MyAudioLover is the place for you!