Do you feel the need to have a pair of quality speakers? If you love listening to music or want to enjoy some movies, then high-quality speakers will surely enhance your experience. As for me, I have a craze for music that leads me towards finding the best equipment I can find for a better music experience.
Well, I have a speaker in mind that is enough to satisfy anyone with quality, performance, and features. It’s the Kanto YU6 Bluetooth speaker. Want to know why I chose this? Then dive into the detailed overview and see if it’s worth the hype or not.
Let’s get right into it.
- 1 Kanto yu6 specifications
- 2 Review Methodology
- 3 About the product
- 4 What sets this apart from the competitors?
- 5 Product features and rate performance
- 6 Benefits and drawbacks
- 7 FAQ
- 8 Verdict
Kanto yu6 specifications
- Power: 200W
- Frequency responsiveness: 50Hz to 20,000 Hz
- Connectivity: 3.5mm AUX jack, RCA phono switch, Bluetooth
- Operation: Buttons, Remote control
- Dimension: 13.98 6.89 x 10.71 inches
- Weight: 17.64lbs
- Warranty: 2 years
I had to dig very deep to find out all the things about this one. I went through many forums, reviews, and user experience guides to figure out if it’s worth buying or not. Later on, I bought it myself, and the whole experience has been surreal. Being a music enthusiast, I go through much audio equipment to find out the best one that suits me. That’s what I have been doing for years.
So, whatever you get from this whole thing is my own experience with the speaker and the experiences of other people throughout the internet. So, all in all, this is some reliable, authentic information for you.
About the product
Let’s get on with all the things you get from this speaker and if it’s even worth a shot or not.
What’s the Kanto yu6 speaker like physically?
First of all, let’s talk about the physical aspect of the speakers.
- Design and style
At first glance, the idea you get from these speakers is that they are some heavy-sounding speakers. However, these are tabletop speakers, which means you keep them on top of a table or a box. It comes with two speakers that are almost square-shaped and have a circular diaphragm in the middle. And the finishing on the speakers makes them look so elegant.
You know what? The coolest thing about the outlook of this speaker is that it comes in so many different colors and styles. I went with the bamboo one that looks so good on top of my wooden table. But, you can go with anything you want, whether you want black, white, red, wooden, walnut, bamboo; there are so many options to choose from.
- Built quality
It’s not just about the design and looks for these speakers. You also get to experience a heavy-duty built quality. All the connectivity ports, the back panel, the diaphragms, the whole structure is solidly built. No way you can raise a question against any of that.
Even the knobs in the front speak quality all over the place. Also, the remote control you get with this is sturdy inbuilt. So all in all, there is nothing to complain about the built quality and materials of the speakers.
How is the Kantu YU6 used?
You can use these speakers as your core sound system. However, whether you want to hook them up with your TV or you want to pair them up with your phone, you can go both ways. These speakers are also compatible with sub-woofers, so you get all kinds of options available.
Do you have a turntable? Then this might be the perfect thing for you because you can use it with your turntable as well. The built-in phono preamp works very well to provide the crisp and loud sound quality even from your classic records. Now, that’s something to love.
What sets this apart from the competitors?
So, you must be wondering why you should get this one and not the other competing ones at the same price tag? Well, some things make it a better choice than the competition.
First of all, they are a bit smaller and lighter than the other similar types of speakers you can find. Therefore, the sound quality will be a bit better than most of them. However, what sets this one apart the most is the connectivity facilities and all the color choices you have for Kanto Yu6. Also, the overall quality is just better for these speakers.
Product features and rate performance
If you are still not convinced of the speakers, you may be a rating type of person. Check out the features of this one and ratings I feel like truly justifies the speaker’s quality.
Speakers should be all about crisp and clear sound quality; there is no going around that fact. You get the perfect balance of bass and treble from these speakers. It comes with top-notch clarity that provides you with clean vocals. In a small to medium size room, you will feel like having a much more expensive sound system with these only.
You will never miss the intricate details of the shows you watch with these speakers, thanks to the 5.25-inch Kevlar drivers. And in my personal experience, they did an excellent job of relaying every little detail of sound design from various songs and shows.
Well, the connectivity factor of the speaker makes it more appealing than it already is. You can connect this to your smartphone or TV using Bluetooth. Don’t want any transmission delay? Then you can use a 3.5mm Aux cable to secure the connection, or you can go with RCA input as well.
Aside from that, it comes with a phono preamp option that is just too good for turntables. Once you get this, you can enjoy all the high-quality music on vinyl records. And if you need some extra boost in bass, then you have the option to connect a sub-woofer as well.
Another extra connectivity you can enjoy on this one is the USB charging port for your phone. Yes, this one comes with a charging port that can charge your phone using the USB cable. So, even if you keep using your phone with Bluetooth, you won’t have to worry about draining the battery.
Ease of use
Coming from the connectivity factor, you get to the ease of usage of this speaker pair. What’s so easy about this? Well, the Bluetooth option is always an easy and convenient choice, right? And the remote-control feature just adds to that convenience.
You just have to sit there on your couch, choose the music or show using Bluetooth connectivity, and control all the speaker functions using the remote. See? You didn’t even have to move your feet to enjoy some relaxing music. Now, that’s what I call true relaxation.
Looks and aesthetics
With all the variants of colors and different designs, this one takes the cake in terms of looks. The finishing on the speakers is so smooth that you can tell it from far apart. Its design is very simple, nothing too flashy and not too bland, which suits great in a minimalistic setup.
They are not too big or too small, making them the perfect speaker for small and medium rooms. Also, the size makes them look better. So if you have a small room setup, this can very well fit there.
Value for money
I can ascertain you with this speaker that you won’t regret spending money on this one. This one comes with top-quality sound performance that can compete with higher-end speakers. And with all the features you get, paying the right price shouldn’t be a concern at all.
So, the most reassuring thing about any electronic item is the warranty. Well, with this one, you get two years of that. I mean, that alone should convince you about the longevity of the speakers. Because if anything internally happens within those two years, you can get them fixed without any cost.
Benefits and drawbacks
Still not convinced? Maybe you need to go through some of the benefits then. But, don’t worry; I won’t be biased about this. I will go through some drawbacks to the speakers as well.
Benefits of Kanto YU6
- The sound quality of these speakers is top-notch. You get the perfect balance of bass and treble. The mid frequencies also sound crisp and clear. The volumes are loud enough to give you the feel of a quality sound system in a small to medium room. With the remote-control operation, you don’t have to move around much. You can just sit there and control everything going on with the speakers. You can change the volume, music and even switch between audio sources.
- You will never have to worry about connectivity when you have this. It comes with AUX, RCA, and Bluetooth connectivity for better compatibility.
- This one has a built-in phono amp that is usable with any kind of turntable, so you can get better sounds from your favorite vinyl records.
- It has a charging port for your phone which helps you use the phone with Bluetooth without worrying about the battery dying.
- From the many different colors and designs, you can choose your favorite one to match the room's look.
- And if all that’s not enough, you are getting value for money with 2 years warranty on the speakers. Could you ask for anything better?
Drawbacks of Kanto YU6
Nothing in this world comes perfect, and this one is no different either. It has got its flaws, and here they are:
- Sometimes the Bluetooth fails to connect in one go. This can be a bit annoying for some people.
- Even though the speakers don’t lack in looks or aesthetics, the remote does lack them. So it doesn’t look that good.
- Now, this drawback can be a personal preference. This one lacks a bit of bass on the sound spectrum. So people who love bass in music won’t be satisfied with it. However, you can go for subwoofers for that extra bass, so it’s not a major issue.
- The connectivity is top-notch; however, it lacks the basic connectivity of USB storage. It does have a charging port but doesn’t support playback through USB storage.
Here are some common questions you may have about the speakers:
- Can these work as TV speakers in a medium-sized room?
With the proper setup, you can use them in a 20 x 20 room and get an amazing experience the entire time. The audio can reach every corner of the room without any issues at all.
- Does this require a break-in time? Or can I crank them up all the way?
It’s best if you can give these speakers time to break in. Constant music for 2 weeks should be enough break-in time for these speakers.
- How is the amp performance with a turntable?
This one does a surprisingly great job with the sound quality of the amp. As a built-in preamp, the sound is more than satisfying, even with the vintage turntables.
- Does this support USB?
It does support USB only for charging. There is no USB input for playback, which is pretty unfortunate considering all the other features.
- Is the sound quality of this same as Kanto YU5?
No. The sound quality of this one is a bit better than the Kanto YU5. Along with that, it comes with some added features that YU5 lacks.
To sum it up, all I can say is this is an excellent quality speaker that you must take a look at at least once. It has got loads of convincing features that are sure to satisfy you once you give them a try. There is very little scope for being disappointed with these speakers. Unless you have a very big room, these are the perfect speakers you can get.
Graduated with a Bachelor of Audio Engineering and Sound Production. He has worked with a number of studios as a Recording Engineer, with over 10 years of servicing experience in both re-recording mixing and sound editing.