Do you have a Hisense tv? Have you lost your remote control, or are you having trouble using it? Then knowing how to use Hisense Tv without a remote can be a pretty hefty trick for you. That’s what I tell you here.
There are plenty of ways to set up Hisense TV if you don’t have the remote control. You can just press the TV’s power button to turn your TV on and off. Or you can keep up with the tech and use Roku App, or Android TV remote app. You can even use it with Google Assistant.
Eager to know how you can do all that? Well, then I have got your back. I will go through all the methods in detail below. So, if you want to learn the process, just stick to the end.
The apparent method I am starting with is the use of physical buttons on TV. There are several buttons on your Hisense tv, including the power button, settings, channel control, and volume control. You can simply use each button to do whatever function you require from it.
Now, this method is very straightforward and has nothing complicated with it. But it’s not the ideal way to use your TV. First of all, you will need to be very close to the tv to use it with this method. Secondly, it’s just not convenient to use your tv only using the physical buttons.
The most you should do with this method is maybe power on the TV. Or sometimes, you can just adjust some of the settings if you need to. But for general functions like changing the channels or adjusting the volume, I don’t think this is the best way.
2. Using the Roku app
Hisense TVs offer a great feature with the Roku OS installed on them. With this feature enabled in the TV, you can easily control your tv using the Roku app on your smartphone. Here’s how you do the whole thing –
- First, you will need to go to the Play Store or App Store and look for Roku App.
- Then, you will need to download and install the app on your device.
- After that, you can simply launch the app on your phone.
- On the app, you will need to look for your HiSense smart tv on the available devices section.
- Keep in mind that your TV and smartphone are connected through the same network. Once you find your tv in the list, click on it and connect the devices.
- As the devices connect, you can just click on the power button and start up your tv. From there on, you will find all the options you need for controlling your tv.
You can quickly move around the different channels, adjust the volume to your needs and browse through all kinds of settings. It’s a second remote for you.
3. Using Android tv remote application
If your Hisense tv doesn’t have RokuOS, then it must have Android OS for sure. In that case, you can simply download the remote-control app for Android TVs, and that should work for your Hisense tv as well. Here’s the process –
- Go to your Play Store or Appstore and download the android tv application. Install it.
- Launch the app and fulfill all the formalities.
- On the app, you have to look for your particular TV as a device. Similar to the other method, you will need to check whether both the devices are under the same network or not.
- Once you find your tv from the available devices, connect to it using the pairing code.
And that’s pretty much it. You can now use your Hisense tv with this android remote control. It’s just a remote on your phone so, you can control your tv however you wish to.
4. Using google assistant
Don’t like bothering your smartphone? Well, then you can use your google assistant to control your tv just with your voice commands. It’s even more convenient than using your smartphone as a remote control. Here’s how you can connect your google assistant to your Hisense TV.
- First of all, you will need the google home app on your smartphone.
- Then, connect your tv and your phone to the same network.
- Open the google home app, and there you should see an option that says android tv. Select that.
- As soon as that connects, you can use your tv through the google home app. From there on, you can control your tv using the google assistant feature with your voice.
A great solution for those lazy people out there who just want to lay on their couch and enjoy watching TV.
Sounds so fun, right? In summary, when you know how to use Hisense tv without a remote, you will never have to worry about having a remote at all. Some of the ways are so much more convenient than using a traditional remote control.
And the worry of losing or breaking your remote will never bother you either. It’s a total win-win condition for you.
Graduated with a Bachelor of Audio Engineering and Sound Production. He has worked with a number of studios as a Recording Engineer, with over 10 years of servicing experience in both re-recording mixing and sound editing.