No matter what purpose you have or what anyone says, JBL speakers are some great choices to have. Especially, they have a huge lineup of Bluetooth speakers that come with excellent quality.
Now, what troubles some people is connecting JBL speakers to their devices. So, if you have gotten a new JBL speaker or want to get one, this article might help you learn how to connect JBL speakers. Let’s get on with it right away, then.
How to Connect JBL Speakers Together
Connecting multiple JBL speakers has to be one of the best things you get from them. Once you connect multiple speakers, you can get a much more immersive sound just from these Bluetooth speakers. Also, the volume is greatly audible when you have got multiple speakers.
Before you go ahead and try this out, make sure your speakers are compatible with making this connection. You can't connect every JBL speaker; there are only certain models that can do this. So, you have to know about them first. Here's a list of speakers that you can connect-
- JBL connect series: You can connect the speakers that have JBL connect feature on them. For example, you can connect using one device, JBL clip 2, JBL Charge 3, JBL Flip 3, JBL Pulse 2.
- JBL connect+: Speakers that have the JBL connect+ feature will go along together. Such as, JBL flip 4, JBL xtreme 2, JBL pulse 3, JBL charge 4, JBL boombox.
- PartyBoost: You can connect multiple JBL speakers that have the PartyBoost feature quite easily. Speakers that have this feature are JBL Flip 5 and Pulse 4.
Now, let's see how you can connect these speakers. Here are the steps to do so-
- The first thing to do here connects one of your speakers to your device. I will go through that process later on in this article. For now, know that you will have to connect the speaker to some device first.
- Then, play something on your device using the JBL speaker. Make sure you are properly connected and getting the sounds.
- Once that’s out of the way, all you have to do is press the connect button on the speakers that you want to connect. You will see the button in a rotated hourglass shape on your speaker.
- After pressing the button, it may take somewhere around 30 seconds to connect the speakers. When it connects, you will hear the music from every other speaker.
- You can follow the same thing for multiple speakers, so there is no complication here.
Disconnecting the speakers is also quite easy. All you have to do is press the connect button one more time, and the connection will cut off. Also, remember that it doesn't work for all the JBL speakers. Only speakers with connecting, connect+, and party boost features work this way.
Related: How to Reset JBL Speaker
Now, let’s check out how you can connect your JBL speaker to other devices.
How to connect JBL speaker to iPhone
To connect your JBL speaker to your iPhone, you just have to follow a few steps. Here are the things you will need to do.
- First of all, turn on your JBL speaker and get it to Bluetooth mode.
- Then, turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone. You can find that on connectivity settings.
- After turning Bluetooth on, you will see all the available devices for Bluetooth connection.
- Choose your JBL speaker from that list, and it should be connected. For confirmation, you should hear a notification sound that your speaker is connected.
How to connect JBL speaker to Android
Now, let’s see how you can connect your JBL speaker to android. For connecting your speaker to Android, you have to follow these steps-
- Turn on the Bluetooth connection of your speaker by holding down the Bluetooth button for few seconds. You should hear a sound when the Bluetooth turns on.
- Next up, turn on Bluetooth on your android device. And you will see a list of all the available devices. Choose the JBL speaker from that list.
- Once you connect, you should hear a notification sound and start playing your music.
How to connect JBL speaker to Alexa
This is a tricky and unknown thing for many people out there. But you can connect your Alexa to a JBL speaker. To do that, you have to follow along with these steps-
- Turn on your speaker and get it in Bluetooth mode.
- Then, go to your Alexa app for your device. There on the menu, you should see devices. From there, choose your Alexa device.
- After that, you will get an option that says Bluetooth devices. There you will find pair a new device option. Please select it and pair it up with the JBL speaker. That’s it. You have connected Alexa to the JBL speaker.
How to connect JBL speaker to laptop
To connect your JBL speaker with your laptop, you have to do some settings on our Windows. Also, make sure that your laptop has a Bluetooth feature; if it doesn't have it, you may need to buy a Bluetooth adapter.
It is important to remember that all your Bluetooth drivers are up to date, as this can cause some issues. Now, to connect your JBL speaker with the laptop Bluetooth, you have to do the following-
- Turn on Bluetooth in your JBL speaker.
- On your laptop, go to the windows settings. And click on devices.
- There, you will find an option that says Bluetooth and other devices.
- Enable Bluetooth and then add Bluetooth by clicking on add Bluetooth or another device.
- There you will see something that says Bluetooth. Select that, and you should see your speaker. Then choose the speaker. And that should do it.
How to connect JBL speaker to TV
You can connect your JBL speaker to your TV through Bluetooth if your tv has Bluetooth. To do that, you just turn on the speaker and get it into Bluetooth mode. Then from your tv, you can find the available Bluetooth devices from the Bluetooth settings. Click on the speaker, and you are done.
In short, now you know how to connect JBL speakers to all your devices, including multiple JBL speaker connections. As you can see, it’s pretty straightforward and doesn’t involve much hassle. So, you can do that pretty easily without having to worry too much. JBL speakers are great for quality and convenience, as you saw just above.
Graduated with a Bachelor of Audio Engineering and Sound Production. He has worked with a number of studios as a Recording Engineer, with over 10 years of servicing experience in both re-recording mixing and sound editing.