If you plan to make a karaoke song list, there are some songs you should be avoiding, because there are surely some hard songs to sing on karaoke. And you don’t want to embarrass yourself trying to sing them.
But if you like a challenge, then I say go for them. So, let’s check out some of the hardest songs you can sing on karaoke.
20 hardest karaoke songs to sing
No matter who you are, if you are not a regular singer, these will surely be a challenge for you. Even if you know how to sing, these can be hard to pull off. Let’s get going then-
- My heart will go on- Celine Dion.We all know the song. And you know why it’s on this list. Yes, you can begin the song without any trouble, but ending it without breaking your voice? Well, that’s tough.
- Hello- Adele One of Adele’s most popular and hardest to sing songs, and there is no one to debate about that. While it’s fun and catchy, it’s hard to sing this song well enough. And you shouldn’t try it without prior practice.
- Somebody that I used to know- Gotye While the music is funky and fun to listen to, even the song is fun to sing. But getting along with the tempo and keeping up with lyrics with a high octave chorus is just too much to bear.
- Bohemian Rhapsody – Queen Trying to sing a genius musical creation like Bohemian Rhapsody can be atrocious. All the different parts of the song from different genres with so much going on make it a hard song to sing.
- Chandelier – Sia Yes, the song is fun to sing, perfect for a party. But can you pull off those outrageous high notes from the chorus? Well, being able to sing those notes alone could make you a singer.
- Fix you – ColdplayThis song isg written on a wide pitch range, but the techniques used by Chris Martin require a lot of expertise. There is no denying that you will have to go through professional training to get close to those notes.
- I believe in a thing called love – The darkness.Good luck to anyone even trying to sing this song. It’s so darn hard to pull off the notes from those high pitches. And keeping up with the key changes in mid-song will make a fool out of any singer.
- Take on me – A-ha When you listen to the song, it might not seem like a difficult song to sing. But when you try to sing it, you will find yourself out of rhythm. The music changes at random and suddenly, so it can be tough to keep up with those changes.
- Use Somebody – Kings of Leon This might come as a surprise, but this is a tough song to pull off. Not because it has a high pitch range but solely because of the way the song is sung. Caleb Followill, the vocalist, puts a lot of power into those words that make the song.
- Smells like teen spirit – Nirvana There is no doubt that Kurt Cobain was one of the best vocalists to have ever lived. Among his many songs, this is the most iconic song in existence. Well, I know it’s fun to sing but pulling this one-off is probably the hardest thing you will have to do with your vocal.
- Wuthering heights – Kate bush The vocal control of Kate Bush is just too good to be real. And pulling off the notes as she does in this song is something you would have to achieve after a lot of practice. The vocal runs, high-pitch, and falsettos all combine to make this one a hard song to sing on karaoke.
- Dream on – Aerosmith You should have already known this will be on this list. Steven Tyler is an absolute genius of a vocalist, and this song is just proof of that. Trying to sing it surely requires some guts.
- Listen – Beyonce This song by Beyonce is one of the hardest songs to sing; there is no question about that. Even professionals have a hard time pulling this one off perfectly.
- Stay – Shakespeare Sister The techniques going in this song are just too much to grasp. And the song is a very high pitch, to begin with. When you bring in that vocal control required to pull off those notes, it just gets harder.
- Because of You – Kelly ClarksonIn the beginning, this might not seem like a tough song to sing. Because the verse isn’t that much of a challenge. However, when you get to the chorus, it becomes a real deal. And the key shift at the end is just too hard to keep up.
- Bleeding Love – Leona LewisWhen it comes to singing in different octaves, Leona Lewis is a goddess. In this song, she switches between octaves flawlessly. And pulling that off is not everyone’s cup of tea.
- MONEY – Pink FloydUnlike most songs in this list, it’s not the vocal range that makes this song hard. It’s the odd time signatures used in the song. Keeping up with such timing is no joke.
- IMAGINE – Ariana GrandeWell, with this one, I won’t say too much. I will say get ready to listen to some whistle notes while trying to sing this.
- STONE COLD – Demi LovatoBeing able to sing this song will be a job well done for you in your life. The vocal runs on the chorus are just surreal and too difficult to pull off. Try it, you will know.
- Best Of You – Foo FightersIf you are into rock songs, then you should be ready to shout as well. But for four minutes? I don’t think anyone can keep up. To sing this one, you will have to.
Other Recommended Songs Lists for Karaoke
- Classic karaoke songs
- Fun karaoke songs
- Easy karaoke songs
- Karaoke songs for altos
- Songs to Test Sound System
- Good karaoke songs – complete List
- best songs for testing bass
- DJ Most Requested Songs
All in all, these are just some popular songs that are hard to sing. There are lots of other songs that you will surely find very difficult. But when you see these, either take them as challenges or avoid them as quickly as you can.
HI, John Andrew here. I’ve been an audiophile since I was a little kid. I’m an original member of myaudiolover . It emerged as a way for me to share my passion and knowledge for audio technology. If you’re looking for tips, techniques, and insights about audio-tech, that can enable your productions that professional edge, then MyAudioLover is the place for you!