The sound quality of your system will be determined by the type of speakers you get for it. That is why you should invest your time in finding a good one if you love yourself a good sound quality.
Features of the ELAC Uni-fi UF5 Floorstanding Speaker
- It measures 39 inches in height. The width and depth are 8 and 10 inches respectively. This would fit in any decent living room space. It comes with screw-on feet that have carpet-piercing spikes. This gives it stability so that it doesn’t rock. The speaker weighs about 42 pounds.
- It is black in colour. It is made of a vinyl-clad thick medium-density fiberboard with ample internal bracing. The rear is triple-ported.
- It has a midrange unit that consists of an inch soft dome tweeter. A four-inch aluminum midrange driver concentrically houses the tweeter. Below the soft dome tweeter, three aluminum woofers are lined up. Aluminum is the preferred choice of material because it is lightweight and stiff, and therefore has low levels of sound distortion.
- There is an extended size magnet with a vented pole piece. This increases the its power handling so that it has an accurate reproduction of bright, clean, and powerful bass frequencies.
- It also has five-way binding ports that are made from high-quality metal. The terminals ensure that the speaker wires have flexible connections for
optimal electron transfer from the cables to it.
- Besides that, it has a balanced three-way design which assigns a dedicated driver to all the frequencies- high, mid and bass- thereby optimizing the frequency range for each.
- It has a frequency ranging from 42 to 25,000 Hertz. The nominal impedance is 4 ohms and a measured sensitivity of 85 decibels at 2.83 volts per meter.
Since the speaker’s ports are located at the back, you might want to install them a distance from the walls or corners so that it is easy to install the connections.
Why should get the ELAC Uni-fi UF5 Floorstanding Speaker?
- It has a sleek design that will add to the aesthetic value of your living room. Its furniture-quality outer design ensures that it easily blends with the living room furniture and can fit into any room theme. You won’t have to worry whether your room looks cluttered, because it does not.
- The custom-designed concentric driver will give you sound quality that you can't find in other speakers in the market. It also gives you control of your sound so that you can hear all the different sounds and frequencies. Others offer so much less for greater prices. Not the ELAC Uni-fi UF5 Floorstanding Speaker.
- The sophisticated aluminum woofer and crossover ensures that the speaker retains the high quality of sound that you get from your music player. It enables you to hear what the music player intends you to hear- in the manner and quality that they intend. No compromise. You are assured of enjoying your high-density streams.
- 81% of customers who have already tried the speaker love it, and have given it a 5-star rating on Amazon. One customer said that after trying five different types of speakers in three months, their search for the ultimate speaker once they discovered the ELAC Uni-fi UF5 Floorstanding Speaker. According to them, it neither enhanced nor suppressed any sound, enabling them to listen to music for hours on end without experiencing ear fatigue.
Another customer said that they became an ELAC convert after trying out the floorstanding speaker. They feel they got more than their money’s worth in the speakers. When he installed it as the main speaker for their home theater and main audio system, they were able to replay their music collection again.
- Even at high volumes, the speaker doesn’t distort the sound quality. You will still get the sound quality as is intended. You will fall in love with it.
The speakers are designed by the legendary Andrew Jones. In case you have no idea who that is, you are probably not an audiophile. Andrew Jones is one of the most accomplished and innovative high-end speakers’ designers you will ever find. Some of his best works are documented at companies such as KEF, Pioneer, and TAD. He works magic with speakers, while still being able to maintain the prices at reasonable levels.
The screw-on feet also ensure that the speaker stays steady when you are playing sound on them. You won’t have to worry about its stability.
- The only downside to it is that it might distort the bass at high volumes, especially for high peak sounds such
as rock albums. Some people might also think that using an inexpensive vinyl instead of wood veneer is such a turnoff. However, this is much more of personal preference and nothing to do with the quality the speaker provides.
Despite the above shortcoming, the speaker is overall rated 4.8 out of 5. The focus is put on the sound, even though it still manages to have an appealing look with vinyl, which is considered cheaper. For others within the price range at which the ELAC Uni-fi UF5 Floorstanding Speaker comes, it definitely has no competition. You will love the sound experience you will have with this speaker. It is worth spending your money on, and you are assured you won't have any regrets. If you want a speaker where the sound is well-detailed and balanced, with the bass, mid-range, and treble beautifully synchronized, you will buy the ELAC Uni-fi UF5 Floorstanding Speaker.
HI, John Andrew here. I’ve been an audiophile since I was a little kid. I’m an original member of myaudiolover . It emerged as a way for me to share my passion and knowledge for audio technology. If you’re looking for tips, techniques, and insights about audio-tech, that can enable your productions that professional edge, then MyAudioLover is the place for you!