To enjoy your Vizio TV to its fullest potential, you should try connecting it to Wi-Fi. You will get to use so many cool features once you connect to Wi-Fi. Usually, you will have to use your remote to connect your Vizio tv to Wi-Fi, which is the easiest way to do it. But what if you lost your remote or it’s not working?
Well, let me tell you, it's not going to be easy to connect your tv to Wi-Fi without a remote. But it's doable. I will tell you how to connect Vizio tv to Wi-Fi without a remote. Let’s get started.
Related: Why does your Vizio sound bar not turn on with the TV
The Methods to connect Vizio TV to wifi without remote
There are typically two ways to connect your Vizio tv to Wi-Fi when you don’t have a remote control. Let’s go through them one by one.
Use an ethernet cable.
Ethernet cables are a great way to connect your Vizio tv to the internet. You can enjoy all the features from the internet at a great speed when you use an ethernet cable connection. Here’s how you can do it.
- First of all, you have to find out the ethernet port on your tv. Usually, it should be on the back panel of the tv with all the other ports. Once you find it connects one end of the ethernet cable to your tv.
- The other end of the cable goes into your Wi-Fi router. This way, you will have a direct connection to the internet on your tv.
- After connecting the cable, you will have to do a few settings. For that, turn on your tv and go to the menu using the physical buttons on your tv. Now, here is a limitation because not all Vizio tv’s come with a physical menu button. So, if your tv doesn't have this, you can't follow along with this method.
- On the menu, you have to select the home network option. And from there, you will choose the connection type as a wired network.
- That’s it. Once you do that, your Vizio tv should be connected to the internet or Wi-Fi.
Well, this is a handy method, but not for everyone. If your TV has an ethernet port on the back and supports physical menu buttons, you can only do it. But if you don’t have them, don’t you worry, I have another solution to that.
Related: how to connect Yamaha soundbar to tv
Using a universal remote
Don’t have a universal remote? I highly recommend you get one as soon as possible. Because universal remote controls are a great help when you are in serious need, they are the best backup to your emergencies when you lose or break your actual remote.
So, the process is simple, have a universal remote and make it work like the original Vizio smart tv remote. You will have to do the same settings as you do with the original remote.
Turn on your tv, go to the menu and open the network settings. Make sure your Wi-fi is on while you are doing this. Now, start the scan for network on your tv, and it should display the name of your Wi-fi. Select it, enter your password, and that’s it; you are connected.
I mean, that is pretty simple once you have the remote in your hand. So, even if you lose your original remote, make sure that you have a universal remote at home as it can not only help in this case but many other cases as well.
If you can’t use the first method because of incompatibility, you can try the second one. But if you do use the first method, you might have to learn one more thing. Once you connect to the internet, you will still have to control your tv. Now, how would you do that without a remote?
Well, there is a straightforward and simple solution to that. All you need for that is your smartphone and an app. Want to find out more? Let’s get going then.
Related: How to connect samsung soundbar to tv using aux
Using Vizio TV Without the Remote (From your smartphone)
Whether you have an Android or IOS, it doesn’t matter. Because the Vizio smart cast app is available to both these platforms. Yes, this is the app you can use to control your tv and elevate your experience to the next level. Here’s how you can get started with this-
- First of all, you will have to download the Vizio smart cast app from the google play store or the app store.
- Then, open up the app, and on the bottom of the home screen, you will see a control button. Tap that.
- On the top right corner of the screen, you should see an option for the device. There you will be able to see your device listed. Make sure your tv is connected to the Wi-fi or internet before all that.
- Then choose your tv from the list.
- Once you are connected to your tv through the app, the app's control panel will turn like your tv remote. Then you can use it just like your actual remote control.
- For the extra, you can access the movement screen just by swiping on your phone. This will work as a directional pad as a remote control.
This way, you won’t need a remote control to operate your tv. It’s a convenient feature, so knowing this can greatly help you in times of need.
Related: How to connect a phone to Vizio smart TV
All in all, now you know how to connect Vizio tv to Wi-Fi without a remote. And you also know what you can do with it. Once you connect your tv to the internet, you can use the app to control your tv, and you won’t even need your remote.
Now, this is great for temporary use or emergencies. Don’t rely on this feature entirely, and get a remote control as soon as you can from the Vizio support.
Because there is no way to replace the convenience of remote control with all these features, these are only good for passing your days till you get the remote. So, make sure you don’t rely on this feature too much.
HI, John Andrew here. I’ve been an audiophile since I was a little kid. I’m an original member of myaudiolover . It emerged as a way for me to share my passion and knowledge for audio technology. If you’re looking for tips, techniques, and insights about audio-tech, that can enable your productions that professional edge, then MyAudioLover is the place for you!