When choosing a speaker for your audio system, it can get very rough at times. These days there are so many options you will that things won’t be easy at all. Among many of them, a name that stands out all the time is Bose.
One of the most controversial and popular speakers from Bose has to be the Bose 901. I will take you through a complete overview of this speaker, and you will know why it is this popular. So, without wasting too much time, let’s dive right into it.
Bose 901 loudspeaker specifications
- Power: 10-450W
- Dimension: 12.75 x 21.13 x 12.75 inches
- Weigh: 35lbs
- Equalization: Yes
- Warranty: Lifetime
As a music enthusiast, I love to explore all the different kinds of audio systems. From that interest, I went ahead and took a look at the Bose 901. Also, I went through an extensive research process to find out what people have to say about this. So, what you are about to get is legitimate information about Bose 901 that comes from my experience with these devices and the user experiences of others.
Related: Bose soundbar 500 VS 700
About the product
Well, let’s get to know all there is to know about the Bose 901 and why you should bother about this one so much. I will be talking about the latest version of this one as there are 5 previous versions out there.
What’s the Bose 901 speaker like physically?
- BuildOne thing to know about these is, they are heavy. Not just built wise but on their weight as well. Each of the speakers weighs 35 pounds, so you can assume these aren’t your regular speakers. Both the speakers come on a metal pedestal that is screwed in with wooden screws. I would say they seem pretty durable.
- Design The design on this one is a bit unique. It’s not like the ones we see nowadays. As the 901 series started back in 1968, you get that vintage vibe from these speakers. They come in various color schemes as well. Black is the classic version, while walnut color is aesthetically pleasing. From the looks of these speakers, you can say they are premium.The shape of the speakers is also unique. While all that goes, it doesn’t have too much funk or color in it. Rather comes with a simplistic look. You won’t see any knobs or buttons on the speakers either.
How is the product used?
Now, this can be a deal-breaker for many people out there. Because setting this up and using it isn’t as easy as using the modern speakers. These don’t come with just plug and play. You will need an EQ alongside the speakers to even start using them. For this reason, many people won’t even bother getting these for their regular use.
You will get a Bose Equalizer alongside the speakers to use this. And from there on, you have to connect the speakers to the equalizer then operate them using the equalizer itself.
Related: Bose 650 Review
What sets Bose 901 apart from the competitors?
If you can unlock the full potential of this speaker, then it can beat any competition out there. The sound quality is top-notch that comes with both direct and reflective sound measures. This means you get some sounds reflected from the walls and some sounds directly hitting your eardrums, which in combination enhances your music experience. It gives you a more natural and warmer audio quality that you are bound to love.
Related: HW-Q800T vs HW-Q900T Soundbar
Product features and rate performance
Why should anyone even consider taking a look at these speakers? Let’s check that out.
It doesn’t matter how large your room is. You will experience the best sound quality with these speakers. With the direct and reflecting technology, the speakers deliver a lifelike sound experience to you that is incomparable with other speakers. This makes the speakers so unique, and people go for this more than anything else.
You can rely on the durability of these speakers without any second thoughts at all. First of all, they come with heavy-duty construction that can’t go wrong. Along with that, every single component and partly used in the speakers are built to last. If these don’t go through any unfortunate accident, then these speakers can last up to 40 years with consistent performance throughout the years.
One thing you can’t get in any other speaker is the unique coherence this one provides. Using the crossover-less technology of the speakers gives a unique coherence to the sound quality that is unrivaled to date. And when you combine that with the wide sound spread, you can make them work on even in the largest of rooms. So, if you can get it to its top performance level, you will surely have an experience that you can never forget.
Benefits and drawbacks
To make things easier for you, I will take you through the benefits you get from these speakers and the drawbacks of using them.
Benefits of Bose 901
- You get a lifelike sound experience through advanced technology.
- They are built to last, so you won’t have to worry about durability
- These are some great speakers to have in a huge room.
- For top-quality performance, you can always rely on them.
- The speakers look excellent and surely please you aesthetically
Drawbacks of Bose 901
- These don’t capture the intricate details of sound.
- Requires a lot of time and effort to set up and manage.
- The speakers are quite expensive so may not be suitable for all
- Not great for small rooms
Related: Mackie Thump 12A Loudspeaker
To sum up, this is a speaker you can go for if you want to experience that top-level quality of music. Because no matter how many drawbacks it comes with, it does have the value on its sound quality that you might want to experience. It’s a unique set of speakers with unique qualities that you can’t compare with regular speakers. So, if you want to explore the lifelike sound quality of Bose 901, then you can go for it without any doubts. Any music enthusiast like me will love the experience.
Graduated with a Bachelor of Audio Engineering and Sound Production. He has worked with a number of studios as a Recording Engineer, with over 10 years of servicing experience in both re-recording mixing and sound editing.